kingmed
Fish Crazy
I picked up another 55 gallon tank, light, hood and cast iron metal stand at a yard sale 2 weeks ago for 30.00. I almost didn't buy it and drove off then after getting a mile or so down the road I figured what the heck I needed another 55 for my wood stand and I'm sure it would cost me alot more than 30 Dollars for just a tank. The tank didn't look like much and I wasn't for sure what I got myself into, took it home and used an aquarium scrubber and non iodized salt water and cleaned it out real good. ALso had to take some tape and gunk off, but when I got done about 45 minutes the tank looked brand new, the corners and glass looked like it had never been touched at all. So now it is setting up stairs in my bedroom on top of a wooden stand---I have a AC110 for it, need to get a heater and I'm not sure if I want to put pool sand in this one also or get some pea gravel at the hardware store and put into it.. My other 55 and 29 gal. have pool filter sand and I really like it except after an hour or so of cleaning the tanks you can see fish crap on top, so I might just go ahead and use pea gravel, ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU ALL?







