New 125 Gallon beginning....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

enchanted

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just thought I would start this thread now for all the pictures. :) The tank and 150lbs of Play sand are on their way and will be here in a few hours. Here are some pictures of how things are now.

Temporary 29 Gallon home. :) No, I didn't clean the outside of the tank. :(

temp29home.jpg

The 55 Gallon almost drained....

55drained.jpg

Ooh. :X

I trust you'll vamp the tanks up now, after remodeling and adding new tanks.

You make sketches of how the new tanks will be decorated and whatnot?

The 55 is being replaced by a 125. No sketches, I'm not good with them. But I have it all layed out in my mind. :)

Well.... At that point I had, but I missed it by enough time that I melted the upper suction cup grip. Other than that the heater still works fine. :) I plugged it into the 29 Gallon and set the temp and left it for an 2 hours to verify. It kicked on a few times but held the temp perfect. ;)

It is here and in it's new location. ;)

125inplace.jpg

Here are the accessories, excuse the 55 Gallon as I haven't figured out where to put it yet. :(

accessories.jpg

nice lol, your lucky. if you lived in Minnesota i would gladly take that 55 gallon tank off your hands :D :D

Both 55 Gallons, stand, and some accessories, including lighting are already sold. :)

A Portland resident is getting a nice deal and is going to be extremely happy. ;)

playsandeasy.jpg

Playsand made easy. Enters playsand into tank. Enters python into tank. Now look in the right hand corne and you will notice my syphon is running out the window. ;)

Few more pictures. ;)

Here is the first full fill. I did two half fills first to sort out the play sand...

With the flash:
125-1fill-lights-flash.jpg

Without the flash:
125-1fill-lights.jpg

I admire people with big community tanks, they look so nice i could watch them for hours! but i still like big cichlids its a hard choice! You should get a red tail shark mine is really cool! :p (i have a 20g commy tank)

I will have to consider that after I build the canopy or during. Right now there is no spare money. :(

Some new pictures. I started aquascaping and moving rocks. I got the Fluval 404 cleaned up and running. I'm going to have to replace the input/output pipes eventually, not the hoses. They just flat wouldn't clean. I could probably let them soak for a few days, but I needed the filter. :icon_roll I aslo hooked up my Penguin 330 (already cycled) to the tank and I put in some of the rocks and driftwood from my 55 Gallon to give the cycle a good kickstart.

I'm doing another 50% + water change right now. All the filter inputs come down low enough so I can do that. :)

125-filters-aquastart.jpg

125-filters-aquastart-flash.jpg

I also reattached the gravel vac to my python to diffuse the water. I'm kicking up enough stuff during aquascaping and I don't need it doubling the problem. ;)

mwm - big isn't always better I have learned. The price was right on this though. ;)

Most reactions

Back