New 10G! Stocking?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Brahmza

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Recently got a new 10g tank, and the smallest tank I've had is a 30g. Curious on what kind of stocking setups I could do? Any fish I could breed? What type of bottom feeders? Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I plan on using white sand as a substrate. A few aquarium rocks and some live plants I have yet to pick out. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I would do for bottom feeders either pygmy cories or panda cories since theyre the smallest corydoras. I have some guppies in my 10g. Dont care too much for the babies but if you were dedicated to them you could probably breed quite alot of them. I think a school of cherry barbs, pygmy cories, and maybe a female betta or honey gourami would be cool. Make sure you stock it reasonable though. Cant do many types of fish in a 10g, its best to keep 1-3 species instead of several species. That way theyre all healthy and comfortable.

I agree with NEfisherman, pygmy or panda cories with some kind of small barb or small tetra, and another slightly bigger center piece fish would look really nice.  I know someone who wanted 3 Endler's, 6 Panda Cories, and 1 female Betta in her 10 gallon, and she would be getting that still, if her Betta hadn't eaten her Endler's... So something like that would be an option. Here's a link from the beginner's resource center about some fish suitable for a 10 gallon. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=116208 Read that, and see if there's any you like!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back