New 10 Gallon Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

valencianfigs

Reaction score
Hello,

I had my betta fish in a 1 gallon tank for the past 2 months so I felt bad and bought a ten gallon tank for him. I was wondering what other fish could be put inside the ten gallon tank with my male betta fish. It has a filter and everything and heater. I am starting to cycle my tank so I won't be adding the other fish until its fully cycled. I just want to get everything ready for them to be put in there. Your help is highly appreciated.

Valencian Figs

A lot of folks here will use a divider and put two betas in a 10 gallon tank... Highly planted. That's one thing the beta would appreciate more than anything else... Lots of natural plants, including floating plants.

He doesn't need any company, they are solitary fish, & he'll be as happy as a pig is wossname on his own.

If you want other fish, try 6 chilli rasbora or 3/4 male endlers. Alternatively, amano shrimp would work too, probably, depending on the temperament of the individual fish.

If you move all the media from your old filter into the new one, you can move your fish over right away; you won't need to cycle the new tank.

fluttermoth said:
If you move all the media from your old filter into the new one, you can move your fish over right away; you won't need to cycle the new tank.
I would assume the 1gallon wasn't filtered?

Perhaps some little shoaling fish like microrasbora or celestial pearl danios, or maybe some pygmy cories?

probably some micro rasbora or ember tetras would work fine

This is an old thread (from 2013), but it may help to correct the above. Micro rasbora or Embers are very likely to get attacked and eaten by a male Betta. Brightly coloured fish often inflame a Betta. Bettas are not community fish anyway, and should always be on their own. The other side of this is that small peaceful fish often decide to fin nip the fins of a Betta; the temptation is great when the sedate Betta with its waving fins is right in front of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back