Neon Tetras not eatign

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

WeirdPortfolio

Reaction score
Hey guys
I got some new Neon Tetras 5 days ago and they haven't been eating no matter how many times I tried to feed them. I've been giving them different foods, including frozen worms, pellets, flakes, freeze dried worms, bug bites, but they aren't taking any of it. It just falls to the bottom and starts to rot, so I have to siphon it out. I even dropped in one of those 'weekend feeder' blocks in hopes that they would nip at it but even that's just been sitting there.
The first while they were putting the food in their mouths and spitting it back out, but now only a very few do it.

My tank is a 10 gallon with 8 neons and currently 0 ammonia. I'm using a corner filter (so very low current) and in it is some pre-cycled media from another tank. The tank is planted (unrelated but my plants keep dying in there too??) and is heated at 77f.

Is there anything I'm doing that's very obviously wrong and would stop these fish from eating? Any advice? I just feel like I've tried everything I can think of and am just hitting a wall. How do I get these poor guys to eat?

Is it stress? I've been having to go in the tank and remove the food every day now. If it is, how do I calm them down

My neons seen to wait around for the food at the bottom. They never go to the top. They have tiny mouths so be sure you use small or micro pellets. Do you have any Garlic Guard? Try soaking them in that first to entice them to eat. I keep my tank at 76F. Have you tried frozen blood worms? Mine love them. Keep us posted and good luck!

Hi, sorry I'll reply here instead of the chat, lol, still learning.
Can you post a picture of them? Do any have sunken in stomachs?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back