NEED URGENT HELP WITH DYING PLATY

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Coutts6

Reaction score
Hello. we have had 2 female platys for about a month now and one has had problems for some time. This morning we noticed that she has been lying on her side at the bottom of the tank and hardly moving. when she does try to swim, she freaks out and leans to the side and kind of barrel rolls She is really struggling and hasnt moved for 10 minutes. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sorry your thread didn't get seen sooner.

Best thing to do in an emergency like this is a large water change; at least 75%, making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated.

we did that the day before. she is on her side and cant swim properly and is in our little pineapple home. im not sure what to do as we did what you said ysterday

Sorry your thread didn't get seen sooner.

Best thing to do in an emergency like this is a large water change; at least 75%, making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated.
we did what you said the day before and nothing has worked. we turned our fish light off so she could rest but she ony moves like once every hour nad she cant swim properly. is there anything else we can do for her

Did she show any sign of improvement after the water change?

Have you, or can you, get the water tested?

How big is your tank and what fish do you have? Are any other fish showing any symptoms at all?

I'll be honest, I think it's unlikely you'll be able to save this fish, but we need to know why it's got sick, or your other fish might be in trouble.

Did she show any sign of improvement after the water change?

Have you, or can you, get the water tested?

How big is your tank and what fish do you have? Are any other fish showing any symptoms at all?

I'll be honest, I think it's unlikely you'll be able to save this fish, but we need to know why it's got sick, or your other fish might be in trouble.
we have 2 female platy fish and the other is perfectly fine (she has black poop but im not sure if thats an issue) we dont have any equipment to get the water tested at the moment and the fish has not improved. The tank is 5 and a half gallons.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back