Need Sympathy And Pity

lljdma06

Retired moderator :)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
11,767
Reaction score
17
Points
0
Location
Miami, FL
As many know, I'm moving back to Miami, FL on June first. I took the first step today, and sold back my fish to the LFS. Got 60% back for them, which I took as store credit, but it doesn't make me any happier. There was just no way they were going to survive the move. :-( I miss them already; their frolicking and swimming about. I only have Samson, the tyrannical blind sparkling gourami left and my bettas, who will survive the move much better.

:-(

I said goodbye to:

9 harlequin rasboras
8 corydora pygmaeus
4 honey gouramis
2 sparkling gouramis
3 bridget rasboras
7 hengeli rasboras
1 espie rasbora

Now I'm depressed. Please give me pity. :-(
 
Oooh, man. That sucks. :/ I'm glad you're able to keep some of your fish, at least.
 
Just to spite you... :lol:

Pity is for the weak.

Now, after that brief outburst, sorry to hear about you having to sell your fish. :/

Look at it this way, getting rid of your fish = the ability to restock with different fish, set up a gigantic fish room and get MTS, plan out how to set up your tank(s), etc.

How are you going to use the credit? Supplies?
 
...no one will take Samson huh?

If I remember it correctly, you have around 10 bettas. Are they all coming with you? Or just the wild ones? Sorry to hear that you have to sell/return your fish. :/ I guess you have to do what you have to do.

But hey, look on the bright side: you've got an uber cool brand spankin' new 8 gallon nano tank! How cool is that?!!!! Plus you get to stock your tanks again once you've settled in Miami! And you know what that means? Fish shopping! Shopping !!! Wooohoooo!!! :lol:

In the past, my bettas have traveled very well, riding airplanes, roadtrips, mail, so they will be fine with the 2-day move back to Miami. Samson will be treated just like a betta and may get that 8g all to himself. If he's a good little boy. If not, I've got several 2gs that would serve him well. He's got a 10g all to himself now!

Problem is that the Freshwater selection in Miami kind of sucks and I want to delve into the rarer species of rasboras and anabantoids. I probably have to look at a lot of stores, do some online shopping, and register for a few societies to get the fish I want.

Big sigh. Tanks are so empty now....
 
Im sorry you had to sell them back but think of the good lives they are having with her people, new tankmates.
 
Sorry to hear that, llj. I know how you feel. I returned 10 fish last week and I felt very sad. I have it in my head that no one could possibly care for them as much as I do! (obviously not true) Probably a good thing I don't own a fish store -- I'd never let any of them go!

But cheer up -- you have that cool little tank on the way and you are moving back to a warm, sunny place!

Are you going to move the plants to Miami? I bet some of them would look pretty sweet in a 4 gallon tank in Vermont...heh heh!! :D
 
Are you going to move the plants to Miami? I bet some of them would look pretty sweet in a 4 gallon tank in Vermont...heh heh!! :D

Yep, plants are going back with me, so no plants for you! :P Unless I ever have extras and put them up in the pinned thread and you want some. I've got 5 tanks that'll need plants when I get back. Too many really. Most will be low-tech set-ups. I had thought about making the new 8g a nano SW, but I think I'd rather get a 20g long for that purpose. More fish options.
 
As many know, I'm moving back to Miami, FL on June first. I took the first step today, and sold back my fish to the LFS. Got 60% back for them, which I took as store credit, but it doesn't make me any happier. There was just no way they were going to survive the move. :-( I miss them already; their frolicking and swimming about. I only have Samson, the tyrannical blind sparkling gourami left and my bettas, who will survive the move much better.

You are not alone. I had to give most of my bettas away. I know how you feel.
 
I know the feeling so can completely sympathise :-( I've moved a number of times and never had any fish-keeping friends to rehome any of my fish too. So they too just eneded up back at shops. You're lucky - I never got any store credit or anything.

The move is coming close now. Good luck :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top