Need Some Planning Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

missparadox

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, 

So I am moving into a bigger apartment in a few weeks, hoping to have everything in and sorted mid Jan, at which point some space will be measured up and a new tank will be ordered. 

Because I am super stressed about moving, I am preoccupying myself with what I may want to run on this tank, how high tech I eventually want to get ( it will be as heavily planted as I can handle, knowing that the fish I am considering wouldn't allow this ) and ultimately what I want to stock it with. 

It will be 6ft at a min, hopefully pretty deep / wide too. But will all depend on how much space I have left over. 

This will be my first big tank, I have loved working with small scape's and small community fish that I am comfortable with. Cory's, live bearers, BN Plecs, Rams. So on. 200litres down. 

I have always loved cichlids, in particular South American / New world. But have obviously never been able to delve too deep into that world. My weakness resides with Plec's but this is very far outside my comfort zone. 

So, in my mind I am thinking I would prefer a few larger fish over say a African cichlid tank that is slightly overstocked to curb aggression. But having always kept tanks with lots of individual fish with unique ... ( shall we say characteristic's xD ) I am not to keen on keeping an entire tank for a single fish. 

Have at it, throw your favourite fish at me, or what you would stock this with. I know it is months into the new year, but I need some distractions. Not to mention I like to have a initial plan.

I'm getting a 6x2x2, hoping to fully plant it and add local natives. If i can find natives gonna just add goldies as i wont be heating mine (its outside, heating = too expensive lol)

If i could heat mine, i would add angels and or discus and the centerpieces and some smaller dither fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back