Need Some New Powerheads. Looking For Recommendations

xxBarneyxx

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm slowly starting to get back into my marine tanks again and want to get my 5ft up and running again. I was using korillia 4's in there but one of them got burnt out so need a replacement.

I haven't really been paying attention to whats going on with the marine scene for like the last 6 months so don't know if there are any new models out there I should be looking at.

Also money is seriously tight at the moment too so second hand deals or cheaper versions would be good.

I just bought a magnum 8 from Nobody of the goat, highly reccommend for our size tank Barney (difficult finding one second hand though)

Seffie x

The sun sun pumps are great. They do a 6000 lph unit too. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUARIUM-FISH-TANK-6000L-H-DUAL-POWER-HEAD-WAVE-MAKER-/180563541687?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2a0a6cfeb7#ht_5264wt_931

i recently brought a koralia 1600 lph, cant remember whats its called they've just rebranded and redesigned them all. its my first powerhead and ive only had it on about a couple of weeks, but im impressed. the only things i dont like are the very short power cable length, and the lack of an inline power switch. if i want to turn it off, i have to pull the plug out. its also not adjustable, but i dont mind.

i brought it on the promise it was very quiet and didnt intrude on the tanks aesthetics too much, and from these points it exceeds expectations.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back