need some help or advice with this pls

technium

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

I have a 6 x 2 x 2 tank fully established and am about to fill my 8 x 2 x 2 tank.

I was wondering how the best way to cycle this was, I was thinking of attatching two external 404's to the 6 foot tank and have the compartments filled with lava rock pieces (like my 6 foot tanks sump is) on both pumps so my first question is how long will it take for the good stuff to grow on the new lava rock in the two new pumps? Then I was thinking of filling the 8 footer with tap water and chucking in dechlorinater or water conditioner and then running the 2 fluvals on that for awhile with the fish added at the same time, so my second question is would the 2 new established? pumps cope with the bioload and wouldnt the treated tap water tank kill the stuff on the lava rock because I thought you werent allowed to run your filter media under tap water and had to use tank water instead?? Then when the tanks sump has been made I will empty the lava rock from all the compartments of the two 404's into the sumps trickle tower and instantly turn this on so water will be flowing through it withing a couple of minutes.

So how does that sound, does it make sense?? and advice or tips? :unsure:

Thanks for looking and good morning :fun:

I am sorry, but as a relative newbie to fish-keeping I have probably less experience than yourself.

I gotta say though.....nice big tanks...... :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back