Need Help With My Tank

Like searoiusly i was asking for help on what to add to it NOT about the tank size and then you got so mad over nothing just please stop commenting on my threads
And yea it was your fault because you keeep it going on and on when I told you to stop so just stop commenting because I don't want my threads to be banned because of someone

Please stop arguing or this thread will be locked as well.

See your gonna get this blocked ️also im done replying to you so say what you want im gonna find out how to mute you

Guys please, we're here to help Cthulhu with his fish. The other thread exploded over night and got locked that needn't repeat itself.

To treat ick there are several methods. One is the use of bolstered temperature and the addition of salt to create an unsuitable environment for the ich to live and breed in. I have tried this and found it largely ineffective. It was far easier for me to purchase ich medicine ( I bought ich away ). Ich medicine is in essence a poison so if you have scaleless fish it would be best to avoid a full dose.

TallTree01 said:
Guys please, we're here to help Cthulhu with his fish. The other thread exploded over night and got locked that needn't repeat itself.
To treat ick there are several methods. One is the use of bolstered temperature and the addition of salt to create an unsuitable environment for the ich to live and breed in. I have tried this and found it largely ineffective. It was far easier for me to purchase ich medicine ( I bought ich away ). Ich medicine is in essence a poison so if you have scaleless fish it would be best to avoid a full dose.
thanks so much I couldn't go tonight but I will 100% go tomorrow :) and also a red tail shark isn't scaleless right? Because he is to small for me to tell right now and what is the best medicine to buy?

I agree to return the fish and hope you get the ice treated in the silvers! Good luck.

Since your in the United States it might be best for a USA member to answer with the best medication available over there. Which ever medication you use follow the instructions carefully and do not overdose the tank or fish, also follow the treatment plan through from begining to end other wise you risk not entirely killing off the ich and having another outbreak when/ if the fish are stressed again

Also agree that a pirahna wouldn't have a good life in that 20 gallon. Are there any smaller fish you'd be interested in? I'll try to look up some cool ones and hopefully give you some ideas.
Kribensis cichlid get about 4 in, are hardy and colorful. Have you thought about small African cichlids at all? Still be carefully with overcrowding and you couldn't get the bigger cichlids (like oscars) but you'd still have a decent selection and they're a little more exotic looking than some tropical fish if that's that feel you're going for (given that you like pirahna and the like). Rams would be another option.

Everybody has different opinions on ich meds and treatments. So the best anybody can do is offer their preferred method or else suggest one Google ich treatments and read a bunch.

My preferred medication is Fritz/Mardel's Quick Cure. But most meds which contains Formalin and Malachite Green should work the same.

A good second choice for me is a multi-purpose med that will kill ich. I keep it on hand for other reasons. Flubendazole. You can find that here http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/ItemsForSale.html

I am sure others will chime in with their preferences.

Check for spiking ammonia and nitrites.  If you have it, before treatment do a 25% water change. If your fish can stand it, make sure the temp is 78 - 80 degrees.  Warmer water speeds up life cycle of the parasites.  A little aquarium salts will help heal up any damage from the fish rubbing. Add an air stone.

But water treatment is still needed.  Waterlife Protozin would be my choice as it will treat ich and other infections at the same time.  Just follow the treatment instructions to the letter.   Finally, use better food.  Garlic will help in the food.  If there isnt garlic, soak the food in garlic juice.  Seachem has a good product called garlic guard.  

Vethian said:
Check for spiking ammonia and nitrites.  If you have it, before treatment do a 25% water change. If your fish can stand it, make sure the temp is 78 - 80 degrees.  Warmer water speeds up life cycle of the parasites.  A little aquarium salts will help heal up any damage from the fish rubbing. Add an air stone.
But water treatment is still needed.  Waterlife Protozin would be my choice as it will treat ich and other infections at the same time.  Just follow the treatment instructions to the letter.   Finally, use better food.  Garlic will help in the food.  If there isnt garlic, soak the food in garlic juice.  Seachem has a good product called garlic guard.
Thanks a lot :) myLFS only had one ich med witch was tetra ich guard and my normal tank temp is 78 so I brought it up to 80 only the silver dollar shows signs of ich and I havnt seen him rubbing at all and the rts only attacks his reflection in the side of his tanks it's actually pretty fun to watch lol I hope this works :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back