Need help picking out fish..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bshockstubb

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well, my parents surprised me today that they got me a gift certificate for my LFS...its quite alot. I do not plan to set up another tank though...its either going to reddesign a previous tank or used to get more fish. I currently have:

55GL

C. Plec
Aeneus Cory
Spotted Cory
Colombian Tetra
Red Eyed Tetra
Skirt Tetra
Pearl Danio

40 GL
C. Plec
Red Eyed Tetra
Sailfin Molly
Swordtail

30 GL

Zebra Danio
Sailfin Molly
Molly

20 GL

HRP Convict Fry

10 GL

Clown Plec
Guppy

10 GL (Divided)

Gibbecs Plec
Guppy Breeders
--------------------
Oto
Guppy Fry

1 GL
CT Betta

1 GL

VT Betta

Okay, so I want to either get a predator fish that can eat my excessive livebearer fry or find something else to breed. Ideas?

Defently add atleast 5 more to all you tetras, cories and danios. These are schooling/shoaling fish and need to be in groups of atleast 6 (some say 3, some say 5 and some say 6, so you'll get a lot of different opinions)

Those are just my species in there... heres an updated list for you guys...

55GL

1 C. Plec
2 Aeneus Cory
2 Spotted Cory
5 Colombian Tetra
5 Red Eyed Tetra
4 Skirt Tetra
4 Pearl Danio

40 GL
1 C. Plec
4 Sailfin Molly
2 Swordtail

30 GL

20 Zebra Danio
40 Sailfin Molly
5 Molly

20 GL

60 HRP Convict Fry

10 GL

1 Clown Plec
60 Guppy

10 GL (Divided)

1Gibbecs Plec
10 Guppy Breeders
--------------------
1 Oto
30 Guppy Fry

1 GL
1 CT Betta

1 GL
1 VT Betta

You should update the list in your profile since you've already got it typed up. I haven't done any maths with your tanks so I don't know how much room you have but Pictus Catfish are very pretty and will eat anything 3" or smaller when they get bigger. 6-8" btw They can be kept alone but prefer groups of 3, two will fight

I've been thinking about those two things... I need something that will eat them whole and not leave peices and something that will stick closer to the bottom and/or pace its self and not eat all the fish at once...since I plan to keep the colony and the predator together

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back