Need experienced Mystery snail breeders!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jordan_Deus

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello,

Just a little background, in my country all snails are banned (their import and commercial sale, it is legal to keep them) as the government doesn't want to take the chance of snails getting into the water ways. The only mystery snail that's been available is the gold mystery snail which I've bred successfully.

Recently I got my hands on three small purple striped mystery snails. No idea how they got into the country and I'm not asking any questions. Seeing as all I got were three and they're still to small to successfully sex, I'm wondering what will happen if they breed with my gold mystery snails. Will the offspring be both gold and purple striped or is the purple color a recessive gene?

Do you know the parents genotype?
No, unfortunately, I do not know. They were just in the tank at the pet shop and I bought them and nature took it's course. I was completely surprised. It was the last thing I expected. I did not even know they did that in home aquariums. I just got them because my grand daughter liked them.

No, unfortunately, I do not know. They were just in the tank at the pet shop and I bought them and nature took it's course. I was completely surprised. It was the last thing I expected. I did not even know they did that in home aquariums. I just got them because my grand daughter liked them.
Thanks for the info!

Most reactions

trending

Back