Need Compatible Fish With Pygmy Corys

Bebobb

You can't get like me
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Gravette Arkansas
Hello, all. I have a fully cycled tank that is 10 US Gallons, 45 liters, I plan on adding 5-6 Pygmy Corys and maybe a Cherry shrimp. Will the shrimp be a threat to the cories, or will the cories be a threat to the Cherry Shrimp, lol. I also plan on adding a a few other fish. What kinds of fish would go well with them? I'd like their maximum size to be about 1.75 inches. A school of 6-8 or if they aren't schooling fish, then 3-4 as long as they don't have any agression problems. My PH is about 6.9 due to the live plants I have. Any one have any good suggestions? My tank has black gravel and a piece of drift wood that is about 8 inches long. I have black gravel, so I would like to stay away from bright colored fish.
 
both cherry shrimp and pygmy corys are very peaceful. i would say two honey gouramis. tetras, white cloud minnows...just be careful and dont overstock. your fish will be much more happy that way
 
Other nice small fish would include endlers, neon tetras, rasboras and similar peaceful small fish. The real limit here is going to be the bioload on a 10 gallon. You won't have room for very many more fish, even small ones.
 
I think hatchetfish would do nicely here because they are stay near the top. They won't interfere with the cories' swimming space or vice versa. :) Marbled hatchets get to almost two inches, dwarfs stay at one inch. Either would be suitable.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top