Need Blackwater Stock Ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

M!NK

Reaction score
I have a 5.5 Gallon Blackwater that's fully cycled with plants and driftwood. I have a betta in there with long fins so I'd prefer non-nippy fish. But basically, I'd really like a small group fish that would really shine and stand out in blackwater-- is there a species of Endlers that glows in light, giving off a radioactive effect? I'm lookin for a real eye-catching and gorgeous nano fish. What would you guys suggest??

Ehh..having more fish than just a betta in a 5.5g tank is pushing the line of overstocking.

If you wanted to get a small group of fish then I would recommend getting a 10g tank, or even a 20g long. Then you’d have much for options.

If you are sure you wanted to keep the 5.5g, then I would recommend some Endlers. :)

Betta's are not community fish, they should be kept alone.

And as PhoenixKingZ said, the tank is too small for any other fish besides the betta, and too small for any shoaling fish even without a betta.

Betta's are not community fish, they should be kept alone.

And as PhoenixKingZ said, the tank is too small for any other fish besides the betta, and too small for any shoaling fish even without a betta.
Are Endlers technicality considered shoaling fish?

No. But they are not suitable for blackwater tanks, if that's what you are thinking. Blackwater tanks have soft water while endlers need hard water. And they need a bigger tank than 5.5 gallons

If I'm not mistaken what makes a true black water tank is very soft fairly acidic water. Tannins from driftwood and leaves are only part of the equation. Those conditions only work for specific fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back