need an answer quicky please

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OMG... I think school children (and sometimes adults too) really need to be educated to learn to respect all living creatures! Just because pets r cheap and tiny dont mean they can b mistreated. :sad: They, too, deserve a chance of survival, esp. when the owners took up the responsibility to take care of their wellbeing!

:huh:
I agree on the most humaneist way as is possible of euthanising your ill fish, as far as I knew freezing was humane, and also humane for the Human side of things as I dont know if I could cut a fishes head off or throw it hard on the floor -_- especially as I am quite attached to my fishies :wub: ,like there is no way I could. but anyway, Im sure Bud would do the right thing by doing the nasty for me if we needed to put one of our fishies down, cos I couldnt.. :no: :( :no: :( :no:
Glad your fish didnt have to suffer long Tek.

:thumbs:

Starry^

I had a neon once with one eye and one day i couldnt find him he was gone :hyper: :look:

If your gonna use the freezing method, dont put it in a put of water and put it in the freezer cos thats just cruel.

Get a bowl of water and add plenty of ice cubes. Wait a while till the water is as cold as it will get. The when u drop the fish in the cold water will shock it to dead almost instantly.

As for the bigger fish (6" +) i dunno what i'd do. But definately NOT put it in the freezer in a cup of water!!

Ive read these posts before about euthanasia to fish. Its a sad subject but I suppose its bound to come up once in a while.

IMO I don't know if there is a humane way to kill a fish, after all who knows what they feel. I mean would you like someone to chop your head off because your ill. :crazy: I suppose they only 'Humane' (ie a way that humans approve of) way that we can relate to in terms of killing is the electric chair. So connect him to your car battery an voila! Only joking :lol: dont take it seriously.

If on of my fish had a proble i would probably smash it over the head. Its the best way IMO. Or better still as long as it wasn't deseised or anything, just nipping fin damage i would try and feed it to a bigger fish, Just as nature intended!

Dave said:
Ive read these posts before about euthanasia to fish. Its a sad subject but I suppose its bound to come up once in a while.

IMO I don't know if there is a humane way to kill a fish, after all who knows what they feel. I mean would you like someone to chop your head off because your ill. :crazy: I suppose they only 'Humane' (ie a way that humans approve of) way that we can relate to in terms of killing is the electric chair. So connect him to your car battery an voila! Only joking :lol: dont take it seriously.

If on of my fish had a proble i would probably smash it over the head. Its the best way IMO. Or better still as long as it wasn't deseised or anything, just nipping fin damage i would try and feed it to a bigger fish, Just as nature intended!
I think they already did a study suggesting fish(the lowest vertebrate group) has feelings. Now, there is controversy wether catch and relese fishing hurts the fish(the study suggests they do). So i think the Ice cube method and smashing the head is the most humane way, no suffering, just instantly destroyed.

There are plenty of products on the market now that you can use to subdue a fish for a period of time. People who keep arowanas use this for scale removal and gill trimming. Or to fix a damaged fin. If you use to much of it, it would act as an anticeptic(sp?) and put the fish to sleep, just like a lethal injection. Clove oil is also used for fish such as puffers if you have to trim their teeth. Just a few drops make the fish go belly up for a min or so and you perform the maintenance. Too many drops, and the fish is put to sleep. This seems as humane as any choice.

impur said:
There are plenty of products on the market now that you can use to subdue a fish for a period of time. People who keep arowanas use this for scale removal and gill trimming. Or to fix a damaged fin. If you use to much of it, it would act as an anticeptic(sp?) and put the fish to sleep, just like a lethal injection. Clove oil is also used for fish such as puffers if you have to trim their teeth. Just a few drops make the fish go belly up for a min or so and you perform the maintenance. Too many drops, and the fish is put to sleep. This seems as humane as any choice.
I didnt know they have those, that is most deffinitely the most humane way... anything that makes something sleep i think is the most humane way. Its just sleeping, but the difference is that they will never wake up.

hi !!!

Most of them are rite it won't make it thru....but there method of puttin it out of it misery is wierd anyway...... -_- ...........things happen and that what I call circle of life :fun: .......just let iit be the other fishes will do it ....its natural.......and look at the bright side u can go get some more fishes now

little fishy :wub:

hi !!!

Most of them are rite it won't make it thru....but there method of puttin it out of it misery is wierd anyway...... -_- ...........things happen and that what I call circle of life :fun: .......just let iit be the other fishes will do it ....its natural.......and look at the bright side u can go get some more fishes now

little fishy :wub:

Most reactions

Back