🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

teknikz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
just found a neon with 1 eye n no fins or tail

he still alive tho

what shall i do.....i got him out the tank

what shall i do with him?

My personal point of view is to put it out of it's misery. If you don't nature will and it will be suffering. There is no treatment once the tail is down to the base of the body. The most humane thing to do is to destroy it. Sorry mate. :no: :sad:

what method of destroying it is the most humane?

:no:
agreed, the nicest way to put it out of its misery is to put it in a container and put it in the freezer until it has deceased - this will just slow its functions down until it passes, and is the less painful way, sorry to hear that :( sad thing about having pets I guess..

Regards and condolences

Starry^

Hi Skiltrip

With a fish as small as a neon, crush the haed with a heavy object. A small hammer is good.

Sounds cruel, but it the most hunain thing to do.

People say you either step on it really quickly or put it in a cup of water and put it in the freezer. :crazy: That's the only ways I've heard. Thankfully, I've never had to do either one.

Valerie

thanx guys......he died just after i got him out :-(

he was in a tank with assorted tetra's....a ram.....male n female fighter.....gourami....khuli loacj n pleco

my gourami is a 3 spot type i think...i was told to get rid of him coz they eat fishies.......n he's been chasing my ram a lot....but the fighter was chasin too but surely his mouth is too small

ive moved alll the tetra's to my larger tank....shall i put the ram in there too?

im gonna get rid of the gourami 2moro

Tek :fish:

another thing is.......the gourami has gone a sort of pink colour round the edge of his body n mouth.......n he's grown quite a bit in the last few days.....they been havin blood worms for the last 4 days.......any ideas?

Dont freeze fish!!!!!! This is one of the cruelist ways to euthanise (spelling?) the fish goes through a lot of pain before dying,the kindest way is to remove the head with a sharp knife in one quick motion,or as dolphin suggested a hard blow to the back of the head with a hammer or heavy object.

I'm sorry you had to go through all this. I surely hope I don't have to be in a position to make a decision. I think I would rather freeze it because I don't have the heart to smash it's head but if the fish go through more pain in the freezer, I would probably ask my husband to smash it for me. :sad:

Sorry to hear that tek :-(

Personally I would just use a sharp knife to cut the head off (sori 4 being so graphic...) so it wont feel a thing. But I'm not hoping these will happen ...

:-( i had a ill fish that could'nt recover he was rotting all over and had dropsy and i read in a book to just throw on a hard floor and i did, i did it very quickly and as soon as it hit the floor it like blowed up splattered all over very quick

There have been major, major debates and discussions concerning the destruction of fish. There were times when everyone nearly came to verbal abuse when it came to this subject. In the end the mods and admin had to put a stop on the subject. The general consensus was beheading or a sharp blow to the head was the most humane. The cruellest was to flush it down the loo.

yes flushing fish down the loo is very cruel i once knew this kid at my school who flushed his pet frog down the bog because he said it was paralyzed and he also says he flushed down 3 healthy danios because they kept attacking his guppy! (he has anger problems)

Most reactions

Back