Need Advise From Other Biorb Owners!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gagaliya

Reaction score
Hello guys, looks like we have quite a few biorb owners on this forum. I was wondering if others found any solutions to the problems i am having with biorb:

1) The acrylic surface above the water level would get filled with water vapor(?) or water drops very quickly, it becomes covered with water and making it impossible to see the inside. Why does this happen? is it from the air tube bubble splash on the surface? or water vapor trying to leave? or fish splashing water? Anyone figured out a way to make the top part of the tank CLEAR other than wiping it with dry cloth (only to be covered with water again soon after)

2) Are there any automatic fish feeder that works with biorb? basically goes through that tiny hole on the top of the regular biorb light cover?

3) Personally i think the filtration is very good for such a nonprofessional tank, only thing is the surface disturbance from the air bubble is VERY STRONG. I am thinking about adding a betta in there, but have some serious doubts if it will adjust to the water movement as betta likes calm water surfaces. Also tried using a valve swtich, it made the surface much calmer at the cost of reduced air bubble - which is another concern since the bowl's surface area is already small. For those with bettas in the biorb, how is your surface water movement ? did you make any adjustments?

i have 6 glofish (red zebra danios), 4 whiteclouds, and 6 cherry red shrimp at the bottom. Everything is in good balance, fishes are happy and all showing nice deep colors. When i first got them, the whiteclouds are basically white and the glofish + whiteclouds would all school together. Now whiteclouds have very distinctive deep colors and both the glofish/whiteclouds dont even school anymore just go about their business. All signs pointing to no stress.

I don't own one, however I have to mantain one at work.
1) yes it is due to the bubbles; no there is not a thing you can do about it.
2) not that I'm aware of
3) no idea, sorry.

I'd like to point out that bi-orbs are entirely unsuitable for danios, due to their level of activness. they can also get very aggressive if kept in the wrong conditions, so much so that they have been known to kill everything in the tank including oneanother.
I suggest that you start looking now for a rectangular tank of at least 24"LX12"W for them.

As you have glofish(tm) I'm assuming that your in the USA, I just wasn't aware that bi-orbs were available there.

The answer to question 2:
Are there any automatic fish feeder that works with biorb?

After some research I found a small digital feeder that is said to work with Biorb, it is available on Amazon and Ebay. I just ordered it. From the picture on Amazon reviews I'm pretty sure that it will work for me.

For the low price ($12) it is worth the gamble. For anyone interested, here are two links to this product:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EY9R1EG/?tag=ff0d01-20
Ebay: https://ebay.us/pGvtYc

We've had a Biorb since over 5 years.
I know that this question was asked over 15 years ago, but Google directed me to this forum for an answer, therefore I trust anyone looking for this answer will find it now.

If I think of it I'll post an update here, once I get the little machine, to see it in action.

Attachments

• Biorb Aquarium Digital Fish Tank Feeder.png
    Biorb Aquarium Digital Fish Tank Feeder.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,572
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back