Need Advice On Malawi Cichlids

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nuttyJD

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 48"x12"x15" tank and I'd like to keep 2 or 3 different types of Malawis. I don't really want anything that's going to get too big as I can't upgrade to a bigger tank because of lack of space so probably upto 4-5 inches each fish max. Idealy I'd like at least 2 or 3 of each species that I have.

So what can anyone suggest?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions offered,
Thanx
Leanne

its not really big enough for malawis, i asked the same thing the other day for my 125 litre aquarium, but some smaller shell dwellers (so i have been told) will be ok

I thought a four footer was an ok minimum for Malawis, but hey who listens to me :rolleyes:

I'll listen to you Doresy :D

I'm getting a bit fustrated as I've got my tank cycled and ready to go.....just NEED fish!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a four footer is fine, as well...and LOTS of rockwork...

i was told it was fine nutty, ok its the minimum but if you ve kept them before, prob ideal, my tanks ready to go as well, and ive spoke to some breeders who dont seem preturbed by the size, di

I've not kept cichlids before.......I wanted a fish tank for my wedding anniversary but knew hubby would say no so I asked for a puppy instead and hey presto one fish tank LOL.

I've not kept cichlids before.......I wanted a fish tank for my wedding anniversary but knew hubby would say no so I asked for a puppy instead and hey presto one fish tank LOL.

hehe neat, get a puppy next year, ive a dog and three fish tanks, mmmmmm what shall i get next, di

Hi Di,

We've now got 3 fish tanks (I accidently aquired another one the other day LOL), 3 cats, 2 kids (nearly house trained!!) and a dog (Springerdor)!!

Anyway back to the cichlid question!! LOL

Leanne

Most reactions

Back