Honeythorn
Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
Uh oh. I went to a car boot sale today. Only got to the second row when I spotted this for £8!!!
It's 5 gals ( double checked ) and came with that undergravel filter and an airpump. I saw a similar style of tank ( but with the filter in the lid ) in one LFS for about £40 and it was just the tank and filter , no kit! And although the acrylic is a bit scratched , That tends not to look so bad when it's full of water.
It also came with a 3 inch deep layer of multicoloured clown sick gravel, two gaudy ornaments and a plastic plant. I DETEST things like that so The gravel's gone in a tub in the shed ( it'll be useful as drainage for the plants ) and the gaudy ornaments are going to my nephew's friend who likes such things .
Mother isn't pleased though. She won't allow me to set it up as a permanent home for anything, so it's going to be kept empty until I need it for an emergency or as a hospital tank. I won't need to worry about cycling as I have a Fluval 1 sitting in my mature 30 gal and that's been in there for over 3 months so it's nice and cycled.
Seriously though including the tank I bought there were about six tanks at that car boot. One was a Bi-ube style tank but it was in very poor condition, very grubby and crap looking, and I dislike the way they are put together. A right rip off. The other tanks I saw were all under 3 gals . Although one was quite a nice one in good condition , a half hex with a flat back that was mirrored, I wouldn't keep a betta in it if you paid me. Not enough room IMO although I know some would disagree. Also if I had bought it for a shrimp tank mother would have had the spaz to end all spazzes.
But all in all I'm really pleased! I have secret MTS! I must supress it!
It's 5 gals ( double checked ) and came with that undergravel filter and an airpump. I saw a similar style of tank ( but with the filter in the lid ) in one LFS for about £40 and it was just the tank and filter , no kit! And although the acrylic is a bit scratched , That tends not to look so bad when it's full of water.
It also came with a 3 inch deep layer of multicoloured clown sick gravel, two gaudy ornaments and a plastic plant. I DETEST things like that so The gravel's gone in a tub in the shed ( it'll be useful as drainage for the plants ) and the gaudy ornaments are going to my nephew's friend who likes such things .
Mother isn't pleased though. She won't allow me to set it up as a permanent home for anything, so it's going to be kept empty until I need it for an emergency or as a hospital tank. I won't need to worry about cycling as I have a Fluval 1 sitting in my mature 30 gal and that's been in there for over 3 months so it's nice and cycled.
Seriously though including the tank I bought there were about six tanks at that car boot. One was a Bi-ube style tank but it was in very poor condition, very grubby and crap looking, and I dislike the way they are put together. A right rip off. The other tanks I saw were all under 3 gals . Although one was quite a nice one in good condition , a half hex with a flat back that was mirrored, I wouldn't keep a betta in it if you paid me. Not enough room IMO although I know some would disagree. Also if I had bought it for a shrimp tank mother would have had the spaz to end all spazzes.
But all in all I'm really pleased! I have secret MTS! I must supress it!








