Natural Environments

NottsFishy

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
Has anyone been to there fishes natural environment such as the amazon or africa's lakes ?

As i think it would be great to go somewhere and see youre fish in there wild natural environment.

Cheers
 
I would love to go on a Malaysian/South American trip to collect fish...but that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future :rolleyes: .

I went to Costa Rica on a school trip and saw some wild aquarium fish/shrimp/snails, and it was amazing :D.
P1030698.jpg
 
I would love to go on a Malaysian/South American trip to collect fish...but that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future :rolleyes: .

I went to Costa Rica on a school trip and saw some wild aquarium fish/shrimp/snails, and it was amazing :D.
P1030698.jpg


now that is a pretty little chiclid thing lol
 
I've been to Zambia, and I saw Victoria falls, I caught a couple tadpoles (let them go) and some something that looked like a pleco swim right past my feet. I have always wanted to go fish collecting, I want to go try it in the Amazon someday.
 
yes i have been to colombia<south america 5 times now :good:
it is such a beautiful place, but you have to be into proper holidays<not just sitting around the swimming pool all day,,, :rolleyes: .......
you get to see all kinds of fish that you can only imagine in a tank :shout:
 
Hey, anyone been to the Caribbean? I went to Saint Lucia, checked out a rockpool! The day before I left I had to bring back a nerite that I was caring for those last several days.
 
when im older, ima collect all different types of.................................................. MOSQUITO FISH!!!!! Besides Western Gambusia, i already hav that.
 
Hey, anyone been to the Caribbean? I went to Saint Lucia, checked out a rockpool! The day before I left I had to bring back a nerite that I was caring for those last several days.
I've also been to the Dominican republic :). Didn't know much about inverts then, but I saw and caught loads of HUGE crabs in the brackish pools in the forest next to the resort, and also loads of livebearers. At that time I didn't have a digital camera, and all my film pics of the animals came back out of focus, so I don't know the species :(. Memories are still there though. A point police officer with a shotgun told me to leave the forest at one point, which scared the crap out of me lol, the resort said they were there to stop people getting into the resort and selling things . The resort was pretty crap overall, the beaches were really poor for snorkelling too, they had pretty much destroyed the coastal area around there putting up barriers to stop big waves hitting the beach so people could kayak.
 
Hey, anyone been to the Caribbean? I went to Saint Lucia, checked out a rockpool! The day before I left I had to bring back a nerite that I was caring for those last several days.
I've also been to the Dominican republic :). Didn't know much about inverts then, but I saw and caught loads of HUGE crabs in the brackish pools in the forest next to the resort, and also loads of livebearers. At that time I didn't have a digital camera, and all my film pics of the animals came back out of focus, so I don't know the species :(. Memories are still there though. A point police officer with a shotgun told me to leave the forest at one point, which scared the crap out of me lol, the resort said they were there to stop people getting into the resort and selling things . The resort was pretty crap overall, the beaches were really poor for snorkelling too, they had pretty much destroyed the coastal area around there putting up barriers to stop big waves hitting the beach so people could kayak.

Sorry to hear about that. The place I stayed at St. Lucia had a really cool forest, near the beach. I found lot's of frogs and crabs!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top