Nano Reef How To Start Off.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

james nash

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all

I am thinking starting a nano reef can anyone give any info no equiptment and how to start off the reef and a list of fish and corals which can go in well in the reef .I am looking at clownfish {maroon clown} and 2 firefish is this to much.

thanks

All you need to do is browse through one of the hundreds of "starting out" threads or "nano reef diary" threads and you will get all the info you need....

Ben

Agree with Bunjiweb...Parker 313 has a nice startup thread. Start by reading first. These tanks don't setup like FW tanks. Check out the following books too....good reading:

Michael Paletta's book on the new marine aquarium and Jeffrey Kurtz's book on starting a mini reef. You can find them on Amazon.com. SH

Ditto Ben & SH. Also, depending on what size you start, a maroon clown and 2 firefish is probably a "no go"...

Maroon Clowns are generally a no-no in nanos as they can be alot more aggressive than "normal" clowns.

Firefish will be fine though.

Ben

maroon clownfish are one of those I need space fish. They are almost no nos as comminity reef fish in anything less than 55gals.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back