N3Ont3Tra's 37G Reef Tank Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
True Turbos are better at shifting the algae if short enough than Astreas also blue legged hermits. Much better to run a sump/fuge with macro algae lights on 24/7
Believe me I was pig sick of the stuff until I employed the sump and the above CUC
Regards
BigC

I don't like turbos because they knock over my rocks, but I'll probably end up getting some anyway. Thanks

Okay, well I'm on vacation in NC now...

The person in charge of the tank and our other pets is very responsible. My stepdad works with him and apparently the guy hasn't missed a day of work in 20 years, except when his dad died.

But of course, he knows nothing about fish.

I left clear simple instructions and an ice cube tray with food portioned out. It shouldnt be too difficult but I guess we'll see.

So I'm back... The tank has a lot f algae but I dont think its out of control. After a few water changes it should be back to normal. I also need to lower the salinity because the guy must have forgot to top off a few days. So now my tasks is to get rid of the algae, get some more snails, and get the tank in better condition.

All the fish look fine. :)

I haven't seen the firefish in over a week. I'm assuming the worst, because there's been an increase in algae and I've realized how much I've been neglecting my tank in the past few weeks. :/ So I got a 15 gallon tub and I'm mixing water in that to do a water change tomorrow or tuesday. I'll test everythign tomorrow. I haven't tested anything but sg in a really long time. :/ Nitrates are probably off the charts. I have approximately four snails. I want to get another cleaner shrimp when the params are better, and I want to replace all of this hair algae/cyano with coralline. Wish me luck. :)

Did a 25% water change and sg is perfect at 1.026. I'll do another water change next tuesday.

wow ive just caught up on a year of your life...

hahaha.

I would love a marine tank....one day im sure i will venture that way...

ive done pretty much everything there is to do with tropicals nowadays....they so easy lol

i want marine!!!!

Lol. I have a 29g freshwater too and it's so boring. It's too easy. 50% water change every two weeks, dump some food in every day. Pruning the plants every month or two... Haven't lost a fish in prob'ly 6 months.

I did a 10 gallon water change today. :) I'll take pics and test once it clears up a little bit more.

First off, I forgot to mention that the firefish is alive..
Second, tested nitrates and it 25 was which is an improvement, but it still needs some work.
Third, as requested, pics. They didn't come out very good, and my camera keeps changing settings randomly. The tank looks much better in person.
mypics054.jpg

mypics052.jpg

mypics050.jpg

mypics047.jpg

mypics046.jpg

mypics043.jpg

There's been a lot of this red algae popping up everywhere, it's pretty and easy to remove so I keep it.
mypics040.jpg

mypics039.jpg

mypics038.jpg

Peek a boo
mypics035.jpg

Looks like this snail has a long way to go
mypics003.jpg

Sheesh, that's a pretty fierce outbreak of green hair. Hope you can get it under control without too much stress. Glad you found your firefish, he looks pretty big!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back