N3Ont3Tra's 37G Reef Tank Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Nah i don't. Wish I did, but I'm too lazy. :p

BTW i got new light bulbs today. 10K daylight and 420nm actinic x2. :) Looks good. :)

BTW#2, at least one peppermint shrimp is still alive, I found it's molt. :p

I'm going to Florida for a week. :yahoo: My mom should be able to take care of the tank.. she's done it before. Hopefully there won't be any problems. :)
See ya in a week.

I'm back...

As far as I can tell so far, the fish are okay. Apparently the electric went out for nine hours but it looks like no harm was done. There's a lot more algae but its mostly on the glass. The star polyps aren't open but they have algae on them so I think once I wipe the algae off it will be okay. I haven't seen the firefish but he's usually shy anyway. :unsure:

Sarawhere?
Lol, it was fun. I went on a cruise that went to the bahamas, and then I went snorkleing in the 'sea gardens' so it was cool.
I got a crappy disposable camera (the underwater ones) so maybe you guys will get to see some pics. I have to find somewhere to get them developed though.

Oh and the firefish came out so everything seems okay with the tank.

Cruises are wonderful!! I'd love to go again :drool: I'm jealous of you, yet happy for you. We went on the 7 day Mexican Riviera.

So according to your profile you're 16? Who'd you go with?

Glad to hear that all seems well w/your tank :good:

Huh, it says I'm 16?
Hmm.
I'm 15
:D

Anyway I went with my dad.
It's the first cruise I've ever been on and I don't think I would go again.. not on that one, at least.
There wasn't anything to do. There was a miniature pool and bingo every night. That's about it. Great food though.
When we got to the bahamas there was a cruise ship next to us that was about 3x as big.
:drool:
See:
100_3451.jpg

The ship I was on was the Regal Empress, while the ship next to us was the Norwegian Spirit.

Looks like you had a few bad experiences but everything seems to be doing great now!

Glad you had fun on the cruise. I went on one of those big ships to Alaska It was GREAT!

Okay, tank update.

For some reason the MJ 400 that I use for surface agitation keeps falling down. The suction cups just aren't cutting it anymore.
I was going to get a magnet for it but from what I saw the magnets were $24 whereas a brand new MJ 400 was $11.

But I was also considering replacing the seios with hydor koralia 2's. So what I'm wondering is, if I put the HK2 up high enough, will it work for surface agitation in addition to general water flow?

I'm thinking it would work, but if anybody who reads this wants to share their opinion, that would be great. :)

I pulled out as much algae as I could today, and I reaquascaped a little. There's still a lot of algae, I'm going to get some more out tomorrow. I think its because there's not many snails, I counted one trochus, 5 ceriths and one nassarius. I also have about 10 hermit crabs but they're lazy. One of the hermits is a different kind, and it's the only one in a snail shell so I'm assuming it killed all the other ones. So when he shows up again I'm going to kill it.

Is it still the hair algae you are tearing out? You do know that the ceriths don't really eat hair algae right?

Yeah, I need to get some astreas. There's mostly a mix of hair algae and cyano.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back