N3Ont3Tra's 37G Reef Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thank you.

Small clown hasn't been seen in about a week now. I'm basically assuming the worst. I started a thread about it somewhere... I'll go find the link.

All the other fish appear to be doing great. No aggression. The blenny is a little bit upset over a snail that decided to stop right in front of his cave. He's frantically trying to move it. It's only a nerite snail, come on, Blen! I wish I could get pics of that.

I bought a rock with yellow polyps about a week ago.
There was about 15 open polyps on it.
Now there's only 8. :(
Guess I'll have to look around at night.
GSPs are doing great.

Nothing. I'm pretty sure he's dead now.
Everything else is fine.

Thanks. The hawks are pretty cool. They're not afraid of me at all. Whenever I put my hand in the tank all the other fish swim for cover but the hawks come out and watch. :D

A few Pics:

Here's the biggest hermit. Right next to the smallest hermit, which is the same species. And right next to the larger hawkfish.
100_2988.jpg

100_2986.jpg

Here is the yellow polyps a few hours after I put them in.
100_2984.jpg

And here they are now.
100_2985.jpg

Now the serpent star...
100_2983.jpg

... eating an algae wafer
100_2981.jpg

green star polyps. They've grown a little since I got 'em.
100_2980.jpg

100_2979.jpg

100_2978.jpg

Hawks.
100_2966.jpg

And patrick again.
100_2970.jpg

:)

Thanks for the compliments.

Fish are doing great. The yellow polyps are completely gone. I'm guessing something ate it. I'll try to get some kind of zoas soon... hopefully nothing will eat them...........

I ended up giving that rock to my lfs. It's been a few months now and the algae was still there. So it's gone now.

That's about it.

FTS coming within a week

Thanks.

Bad news though.

Both the shrimp died. It was very strange. I moved a rock because it was almost falling over. And then a few hours later the lights went out. The scrimp came out and walked around a little. Totally normal. In the morning, the lights clicked on and they were dead. :( Nothing visibly wrong (they were behind a rock though so it's tough to see) and the only thing I could think of that might've caused the deaths is moving the rock, and using windex. But I've been moving rocks around since I got them and windex since i got the tank... parameters all totally fine. the shrimp are still in the tank 'cause i can't reach them to get them out, i tried using a net... I'll be watching water params. Just recalibrated my refractometer two weeks ago... What's going on?

I'm going to see if I can get some corals by the end of this month. all I have now is the gsp which isn't opening 'cause the blenny keeps puring sand on it and the hawkfish sit on it.. sorry no full tank shot yet.

Wait, an electric blue hermit died? Wow, that's not normal... Sorry bout the loss

It's not an electric blue, (at least I don't think so) even though it kinda looks like it from the pic. It's a yellow tip hermit from liveaquaria. The only blue on it is the little feeler things. The legs are sort of an olive green, with a black stripe, then a yellowish white tip.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back