Mystery Worm Thing Id Pls

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
3,612
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South Carolina
So I just went to feed my fish and found some thing stuck to the side of the tank glass. Mostly out of the water. It must've hitchhiked in w/ the new plants we got.
Just wondering what the heck it is...

It's a rusty red color, about an inch long. Looks like its body has 2 segments. Body is smooth. In the photo, I think the head is located on the upper part. No definite looking head though. Just guessing b/c that's what it looked like it was suctioning on to the glass with.
worm1.jpg


Ugh I hope it's not some parasite! Doesn't look like any of the fish have anything stuck to them, all acting fine as far as I can tell.
 
Hmm, ya know it very well could be. The segmented body threw me off, but w/ the sucker looking mouth, it might be.... BAH!
 
Flushed it down the garbage disposal... BOY it has some power suction going on w/ the spoon. It did not want to let go. BLEH.. nasty
Really hope there aren't more.
Don't see any on any fish...
Just found our bolivian ram dead though. I don't think it was b/c of the worm/leech whatever thing... it's been acting weird before we got the plants in.
 
just keep and eye on your fishes gills and bodies in general. It could be one of many kinds of leech. Some will not bother the fish and will die without food source. Some however are fish leeches and will go for nice juicy gills.

Well done for scooping it out.
 
Looked like it was trying to escape the water, so hoping it's the kind that doesn't like tasty fish blood :P
 
When I told DH about it he was upset that I got rid of it... lol.... I'm creeped out even thinking that there might be more. Not really that one would get on me... I dunno.. I just don't like wormy things.. cept for bloodworms for some reason o_O
 

Most reactions

Back
Top