Mystery Snail Leaving Behind Slimy Clumps Of Sand

SSC

New Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So, I have a tank with play sand substrate. The mystery snail leaving behind slimy darker clumps of sand and the bottom is now covered with it.

Sometimes when the snail is up on the side of the tank I see it expel sand.

I put in some cories and they seem to love "processing" the slimy clumps of sand. Sand looks like normal now.

Is this something that's normal with snails?
 
don't worry mine do that now and then. it's because they try to protect themselves by digging into the sand. this normally happens alot when introduced to a new tank, but anyway its normal.

for the snail expelling sand its properly the sand it picks up when digging, but the poo can some times look like sand.

the myster snail also likes playing with air bubbles mine drop to the bottom and about five air bubbles come out, they may float for a while as well.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top