My Tanks

If you're uprooting plants you're being too vigorous and your plants probably needed planting a little better. No need to get every scrap up. Just do it lightly once a week when you do a water change. You may only need to once a fortnight - depends on your stocking and feeding.

There are some great Elodea crispa deals on Ebay from sellers based close to us, Ant_Soton, which can either be secured in your tank gravel or left floating. Providing you are careful on how long a lighting duration you do daily with your new T5 and balance it out appropriately with Easycarbo and some nutrients like Prolito, Curly Pondweed will grow like stink, giving a securing shade to the fish (might really help your Danios) while absorbing nitrates in the water.
eg. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/elodea-r-us/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

You could then add some Anubias varieties, securing them to some small bits of bogwood. If you set any up high enough so that they break the water surface (they are found natively at the water's edge in Africa, but tolerate being submersed), they can flower.
eg. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/last-trading-post/m.html?_nkw=anubias&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh no... plants too... loads and loads of plants!!!!!!!!

305097_10150287557981758_556636757_8106600_745748494_n.jpg

Sorry to highjack but i LOVE your tank Minnt! Where did you get the big branch you have?

Back to original post, your tanks look good too! I would def add LOTS more plants in there! :)

The big tank with new black background and changed plants

Attachments

• TFF big black.jpg
    TFF big black.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 24
Small Tank with black background. Looks a bit crappy as its creased !!!

Attachments

• Tff small black.jpg
    Tff small black.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 22
Majorly annoyed the lid doesn't fit, it did before it was varnished !! So now have to sand it down slightly as its a couple of thou out !!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back