Reaction score
My Big Tank

Attachments

• Big Tank tff.jpg
    Big Tank tff.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 26
:lol:

Exactly! lol!

It is Dracaena (sp?) and is a common house plant and is also commonly sold as an aquatic plant. The truth is it will do fine for a week or two, then start to rot and release massive amounts of ammonia into your tank and poison your fish. :(

:lol:

Exactly! lol!

It is Dracaena (sp?) and is a common house plant and is also commonly sold as an aquatic plant. The truth is it will do fine for a week or two, then start to rot and release massive amounts of ammonia into your tank and poison your fish. :(

Just so i can be sure, we're talking the two plants in the front ie the dark green one near the cave and the while and green one ??

It is commonly sold as aquatic and it isn't. Alot of fish shops do it. Alot of plants are grown emerged from water until sent out to shops to sell.

The Dracaena you have is actually a house plant and will do much better on your window sill.

http://www.bestfish.com/sellplnt.html

I think both tanks would look better with a black background to make the fish and decor stand out. It'd also make the fish feel more secure.

It is commonly sold as aquatic and it isn't. Alot of fish shops do it. Alot of plants are grown emerged from water until sent out to shops to sell.

The Dracaena you have is actually a house plant and will do much better on your window sill.

http://www.bestfish.com/sellplnt.html

They have been in the tank nearly a week and my parameters are fine and the fish all seem fine too. Are you sure they don't just look the same as Dracaena??
And bamboo is not an aqauatic plant but a lot of people grow it in their tanks too??!!

I'm considering putting background on, if not black, it will be a darkish one but i'll see how the tank looks when the new lighting and lids are fitted before i make up my mind

lol... Leave it in and see, then you can buy some more fish to replace your old ones aswell as new aquatic plants

Seriously mate, ask in the planted section for a second opinion, but i'm 99% certain. PFK ran an article on non aquatic plants commonly sold for aquariums and the two you have were in the list.

lol... Leave it in and see, then you can buy some more fish to replace your old ones aswell as new aquatic plants

Seriously mate, ask in the planted section for a second opinion, but i'm 99% certain. PFK ran an article on non aquatic plants commonly sold for aquariums and the two you have were in the list.

in other words u would suggest i remove in the morning and replace them with aquatic plants when I next go to my LFS?

Thats what i would do mate. If you feel the need then take it back to MA and confront them and ask for replacements as they're not fully aquatic plants.

Thats what i would do mate. If you feel the need then take it back to MA and confront them and ask for replacements as they're not fully aquatic plants.

I just looked through my receipts from my last recent purchases and it wasn't MA that sold them to me it was Copnor tropicals. I wander if they would replace them or just tell me to naff off ???!!!

Plants aside, what you guys think of my tanks, bearing in mind the lids, lighting etc still need to be sorted !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back