My Tanks...some Of Them Be Round!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They do look evil! :lol:

Well I didn't get puffers although the tiiiiny DPs at wholesale tropicals were calling me, I'll wait til my adults go to fishy heaven and start afresh with babies again.

The second white bulb is now in and so are a couple of honey gourami and some goregous minute sparkling gourami. Once the tank has matured, I may think about a couple of chocolate gourami to finish.

koko3.jpg

sparkle1.jpg

koko1.jpg

Still waiting for the CO2 unit to arrive so that's something to look forward to next week :D

Nice :) i had a pair of sparkling gouramis-the male died though, they make the funniest croaking noise, what co2 unit are you getting? pressurized?

Nice tanks! love them, and some beautiful fish :)

Couldn't help noticing all of the Vw's about the place though ... Im a Mini man myself but i have been known to venture into the "low 'n' slow" territory before ;)

Adam, I just have the Hagen basic unit with the ladder bubbled on order. I want to get a proper ceramic diffuser for it but if you're an expert on these matters then I'll be picking your brains for a change? :lol:
I have had sparklers before and love that little croak they make. I haven't heard them do it yet, but think I have 3 males and just 1 female at the mo. I'll need to address that I think.

Craig, I've just bought a '70 fiat 500 so models of them will soon be appearing :D
I've had no less than 3 classic mini's too ;)

Adam, I just have the Hagen basic unit with the ladder bubbled on order. I want to get a proper ceramic diffuser for it but if you're an expert on these matters then I'll be picking your brains for a change? :lol:
I have had sparklers before and love that little croak they make. I haven't heard them do it yet, but think I have 3 males and just 1 female at the mo. I'll need to address that I think.

Craig, I've just bought a '70 fiat 500 so models of them will soon be appearing :D

a ceramic diffuser will work with it, pick up a nano one off ebay, with the smallest diameter disc you can find, ive only just brought one, £3.50 it cost me inc. p&p, but, i did have to wait 2 weeks to get it.

Oh brilliant :) if i could afford a 500 i would grab it with both hands, sadly my fate seems to lie in hands of Britain's rusty old Minis, you know the ones, you spent £1200 on a "solid" one only to put your foot through the front floor pan on the first time you get in :huh: You#l have to PM me some pictures when you get the 500, Love them!

I absolutely love your goldies, gorgeous fish!

Adam, I'll check out Ebay.

Craig, I already have it! I got it for a steal so I'll pm you piccies :D

My goldies are great fish! Sadly I lost my favourite one (a beautiful peach gold and white ranchu) recently - the dreaded and evil dropsy :(

I have managed to capture some pics of the elusive and painfully shy American Flag Fish I put into this tank with the puffs and gobies.
I have been trying to get hold of these guys for AGES! They are even more colourful in the 'scale' and the photos don't do them any justice really :D

Lively little things they are too - they can see off the puffers with ease!

DSCF0081copy.jpg

DSCF0080copy.jpg

DSCF0077copy.jpg

DSCF0076copy.jpg

this one made me laugh as muldoon got his big head in the way
DSCF0072copy.jpg

DSCF0070copy.jpg

DSCF0067copy.jpg

I have 2 males and 2 females in the tank and two have definately paired up and spend all their time together. They can see the puffers off and are good algae eaters so the hair algae will be doomed all being well :D
It is good to let lots of light into their tank to encourage algae growth for them so this tank won't be a problem as it does that alot already :lol:

CO2 update...FishPod 64

First planted 2 weeks ago
koko1.jpg

Today
g2-2.jpg

Somethings right in there as the growth has been fantastic! :D
The ceramic diffuser sdidn't diffuse so the bubble ladder went back in, but apart from that I am tres impressed with the growth!

This thread is fantastic! Your tanks are all so lovely- the set ups just look perfect ^^ Your newest project seems to be going great :good: How on earth do you have so much luck with keeping so many plants alive? XD
How difficult are the puffers to keep? Sorry bout all the questions ^^' I'm relativly new to fish keeping, and am very curious :p

In particular I loved what you did with the bio-orbs- they look so much nicer than when you have the original horrible pebble stuff in the bottom.
Is there any chance I could ask you a few questions on how you took care of your bio-orbs please? :blush: I don't want to clog up your thread so would it be ok to PM you? No worries if you dont have the time of course ^^'

This thread is fantastic! Your tanks are all so lovely- the set ups just look perfect ^^ Your newest project seems to be going great :good: How on earth do you have so much luck with keeping so many plants alive? XD
How difficult are the puffers to keep? Sorry bout all the questions ^^' I'm relativly new to fish keeping, and am very curious :p

In particular I loved what you did with the bio-orbs- they look so much nicer than when you have the original horrible pebble stuff in the bottom.
Is there any chance I could ask you a few questions on how you took care of your bio-orbs please? :blush: I don't want to clog up your thread so would it be ok to PM you? No worries if you dont have the time of course ^^'

I love questions! Feel free to pm me - [Wallace voice]BiOrbs are my speciality[/Wallace voice] :lol: ;)

The puffers do require a bit more work and effort to look after I have to say. 50% weekly water changes, massive overfiltration, meaty foods etc, but they are a joy to keep and give me so much pleasure. They are my favourite fish (I'm picking up another one today!).

The planted tank above is my first experiment into trying a very basic Nutrafin CO2 unit with plant substrate, so how it will fare long term we will have to wait and see, but the gourami love it so much and the plants seem to doing well :D

I've now changed one of my goldie tanks to a freshwater puffer tank :D

Tetraodon miurus Congo puffer.
2-3 inches small and bright orange.
Named Smooch as he looks like he's puckering up for a kiss! :lol:

Spot the puff
cong11.jpg

cong9-1.jpg

cong4.jpg

cong7.jpg

cong8.jpg

I'm smitten :wub:

Most reactions