My Tanks...some Of Them Be Round!

I wanted to keep puffers.

I'm going to move my otos and honeys into a bigger tank so how many could i fit in a 30 litre?

I wanted to keep puffers.

I'm going to move my otos and honeys into a bigger tank so how many could i fit in a 30 litre?
1 IMHO with the biorb being round its hard to fill it with plants etc.

stick with one any more and your asking for trouble, i only have one in a 30 litre anymore and aggression would be terrible

If it's impossible to have a well planted biorb for dwarf puffers, I must be halucinating when I look at mine! Miah I think I've discussed this with you before? :)

Absolutely stunning thread AND tanks, jennybugs! :good:

I've been looking into getting one of those feeding cones for my 2 DPs. Yours is one that floats? I've seen the ones that have a suction cup so they stick to glass. Which one would you recommend? Also, in getting one of those, Im concerned that my DPs would get full and not eat all the bloodworms. what do you do with any uneaten worms? feed them to other tanks or just leave them in there?

Again, truly beautiful tanks you got there! Its nice to see well setup biorbs for a change too. Inspirational even.

BobRoss

Absolutely stunning thread AND tanks, jennybugs! :good:

I've been looking into getting one of those feeding cones for my 2 DPs. Yours is one that floats? I've seen the ones that have a suction cup so they stick to glass. Which one would you recommend? Also, in getting one of those, Im concerned that my DPs would get full and not eat all the bloodworms. what do you do with any uneaten worms? feed them to other tanks or just leave them in there?

Again, truly beautiful tanks you got there! Its nice to see well setup biorbs for a change too. Inspirational even.

BobRoss

Thanks Bob for oyur nice comments :D I've been experimental with some of my biorbs (my biube is up for treatment next) and modified them for sand which adds a different dimension. I do like them stock and they work if they are stocked responsibly with small slim bodied fish. Modified you have a little more scope but they still look good when kept simple I think :D I've only got one running at the moment with the DPs in, but as i hinted, the biube could be up for an airing soon.

My worm cone is a suction cup one that I stuck at the front of the tank so I can keep an eye on the puffers :D Your puffs will all get a look in. I have lots of fish that eat bloodworms so any that are left they get. Having said that, my puffs don't bother with the worm cone now and just grab the worms from around the tank - going hunting :lol:

I don't think we've had a disscusion over Dps before?

My mistake hun - it was about modifying the biorb wasn't it? :lol: :blush:

I've had lots of people asking me about DPs lately and got a bit confused.

Full tank shots to follow but my community tank has been coldwater for a week now and chopsy has two tank mates as of today :lol:

He's not fussed at all
a13-3.jpg

The new ranchu - Wachu (as in he's nosey and looks like he's saying What you up to? to the others when they swim about)
a12-3.jpg

a11-4.jpg

a14-3.jpg

The photos haven't picked up the delicate peachy colour of his finnage. A beauty - Japanese AAA grade no less :D

Freckles the oranda
a8-3.jpg

a7-2.jpg

a10-3.jpg

I've got the big ones from Amwell Aquatics in Epping :D The choccy oranda and black moor I got from East Ham Aquatics which is my on the doorstep shop :D

FTS coming soon :D

Bear in mind it's a work in progress so should look very different by the time i'm finished, but here's the current FTS
F2-3.jpg

I'm going to change the big bit of bogwood for one with a bit less of a footprint to it so the fish have more ;pooting' room to suck the gravel and 'poot' it back out again :lol: Also better planting to follow too...IF the fish let me :D the giant valis was from an Evilbay seller so is a bit crumpled atm but I'm hoping it will only get better and better as it settles in :D

Most reactions

Back