My Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

These so-called beneficial bacterias are, in 90% of cases, dead so uneffective.
For your fishes safety, check every other day or better every day, ammonia deadly to fish, nitrites toxic to fish, nitrates dangerous if over 20 mg/l.

Too early. If you sized it well, it is about 4 months.

About Zeus age ?
Oh! Also the bottle of beneficial bacteria said it will have an earthy smell as a 'result of biological activity' it def. had an earthy smell lol ;)

I agree with Avel1896, you need to test for ammonia and nitrite every day until you are sure they are staying at zero. Bottled bacteria products don't work instantly whatever the bottle says, the best they can do is speed up a cycle.
You do have live plants which will help as they take up ammonia and turn it into protein not nitrite.

Testing every day is the simplest way to make sure your new fish is safe. If either every read more than zero, a water change is needed to get them down.

Thanks for telling me about my BN! I don't really know, but I think Zeus was about 1 ½ inches when I got him from the breeder. It's been about 1 month since I've had him, and I'd say that he's still young and will probably grow more, but he's probably over 2, maybe 2 ½ inches. Maybe. I'm not looking at him now. Thanks ;)
I guess Zeus is around 5 months old. Did breeder tell you Zeus is more than likely to change his colors and patterns, because his "marble gene" ?

I guess Zeus is around 5 months old. Did breeder tell you Zeus is more than likely to change his colors and patterns, because his "marble gene" ?
Yes. He changed drastically from brown, black, yellow and a green tail. He lost all black in the tail, his green tail turned blue, some black was lost in his body as well, the yellow turned beige, etc. I don't have a pic of him when he was colored that way, but he's changed a lot! I love watching his colors come in, he's even getting some red in his fins now! He's very pretty.

Most reactions

trending

Back