My Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fish Hobbyist

Reaction score
Hi! I just 'finished' my betta tank! I added plants and a baby bristlenose to the 20 gallon and I might add more plants because I think it's great but could look even better! The betta's name is Zeus, he's from a breeder, and the bristlenose pleco is from my lfs, plants from petsmart (no I didn't spend nearly $80 on plants! What! That'd be crazy...)

Anyway, here it is! I love it so far ;)

Attachments

• 20210714_201859.jpg
    20210714_201859.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,080
  • 20210714_195202_03.jpg
    20210714_195202_03.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210714_190456.jpg
    20210714_190456.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210714_190316.jpg
    20210714_190316.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 55
I would get some floating plants for this tank to give the Betta some protection.

Just a note about fish and plants.

If your fishes mouth is facing upwards ( Bettas, Gouramis, Live Bearers ) they are surface feeders and like to live on the surface of the tank, these fish benefit greatly from floating plants. It allows them to hang out where they feel safe.

Beautiful Plakat ! How old is Zeus ?
Nitrogen cycle endend when ?
You rally should add more planted or wood-attached plants and like Itiwhetu said, floating plants like Limnobium laevigatum easier managed than Lemna minor that can get stuck in filter.
It may sound strange but the more plants there are the safer fishes feel, the more visible they are.
How long is baby BN pleco ? Cat fishes and related are the only one easy to measure when stuck on walls :lol:

Hi! I just 'finished' my betta tank! I added plants and a baby bristlenose to the 20 gallon and I might add more plants because I think it's great but could look even better! The betta's name is Zeus, he's from a breeder, and the bristlenose pleco is from my lfs, plants from petsmart (no I didn't spend nearly $80 on plants! What! That'd be crazy...)

Anyway, here it is! I love it so far ;)
some lfs have cheaper plans than big brand pet stores

I would get some floating plants for this tank to give the Betta some protection.

Just a note about fish and plants.

If your fishes mouth is facing upwards ( Bettas, Gouramis, Live Bearers ) they are surface feeders and like to live on the surface of the tank, these fish benefit greatly from floating plants. It allows them to hang out where they feel safe.
I plan on adding some floaters, someone said frogbit would get tangled around my betta and suffocate him as it happened to the guy I talked with, so I planned on getting duckweed. I might switch back to frogbit though bc more are saying it's messy. I know most fish feel safer with plants, but I also wanted to add them bc they are so pretty ;)

I have never heard of a healthy fish getting tangled in plant to the point they die. I might be wrong. I would use Frog bite rather than duckweed as duckweed can be a menace.

Beautiful Plakat ! How old is Zeus ?
Nitrogen cycle endend when ?
You rally should add more planted or wood-attached plants and like Itiwhetu said, floating plants like Limnobium laevigatum easier managed than Lemna minor that can get stuck in filter.
It may sound strange but the more plants there are the safer fishes feel, the more visible they are.
How long is baby BN pleco ? Cat fishes and related are the only one easy to measure when stuck on walls :lol:
I added full amount of beneficial bacteria TopFin brand from petsmart 3 days before adding my fish Zeus, half the day before, and half the day I added Zeus. The package recommended that ;)

A family friend bought me a bag full of fake plants that I plan to take back to petsmart and buy real ones with. I want to get 3-4 more. Online, I want to buy some java moss, floating plants, and nana anubias petite, as petsmart doesn't have those either.

My BN is about 1 ½ inches, it's a little early to say but I think it may be female bc of the body shape but I know I really won't have a clue yet ;)

Also I added in half the ammount of beneficial bacteria needed for a 20 gallon yesterday after the water change because I knew I was about to add another fish.

I added full amount of beneficial bacteria
These so-called beneficial bacterias are, in 90% of cases, dead so uneffective.
For your fishes safety, check every other day or better every day, ammonia deadly to fish, nitrites toxic to fish, nitrates dangerous if over 20 mg/l.

it may be female
Too early. If you sized it well, it is about 4 months.

About Zeus age ?

These so-called beneficial bacterias are, in 90% of cases, dead so uneffective.
For your fishes safety, check every other day or better every day, ammonia deadly to fish, nitrites toxic to fish, nitrates dangerous if over 20 mg/l.

Too early. If you sized it well, it is about 4 months.

About Zeus age ?
Thanks for telling me about my BN! I don't really know, but I think Zeus was about 1 ½ inches when I got him from the breeder. It's been about 1 month since I've had him, and I'd say that he's still young and will probably grow more, but he's probably over 2, maybe 2 ½ inches. Maybe. I'm not looking at him now. Thanks ;)

Most reactions

Back