My Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wirralbull

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Havnt been on here in years. Set this tank up last month, and really getting back into it. The tank gravel heater bog wood and filter I already had I upgraded the cfl lighting to a 11watt Arcadia led the tank is a fluval ebi I think. Substrate is tesco cat litter with some fine black gravel mixed in. The filtration is an Eden 501 external 300 lph 50 watt boyu heater. All cheap and cheerful stuff really. Anyway it's stocked with 9 sundadanio axelrodi. Two male scarlet badis two mini moth cats, 1 otto. 3 sparkling gourami and a male fighter. Overstocked at the moment. Dossing with easy life easy carbo. Have got some liquid frets aswell but havnt bothered using them yet. 40% wc every other day. Plants are doing fine except for an Anubis bonsai that melted. Water here is slightly acidic, quite soft. I want to swap the sparklers for clown killis. Find some female badis and remove one of the males I have. Remove the fighter and add some cherry shrimp. Just looking for a few more different species of plants atm. Got round pelia on bog wood and some frogbit, various crypts. Cabomba and another stem plant. Couple if other stem plants at back looking to swap. Feeding fish with promin. Temp 25. Opinions wanted?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 127
Just added some HC Sagittarius and bacopa. Taken out big piece of wood. And trimmed back bushy stems at back. I put a bulb in when I started this tank which I forgot about. When I removed the wood I found that it had started to grow. How much light does HC need? Pic is of HC and pink leaves behind are the bulb. All fish are good. I have lost one axelrodi which just faded. They had very concave stomachs when I got them, all eating well now though
Pic
Very untidy atm. I will let the new plants grow for a week or 2 and then replant tank. Got a twig type piece of wood to add and a little bit of riccia to tie onto it
Also I am doing 40% wc every other day and dosing liquid carbon daily. Plants are literally fizzing after wc do I need to dose frets? What type?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 129

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back