My Tank Setup, Dipped My Toe,

Matthew that hitchhiker is great well done there!! The blue hermit with the black stripe legs is a electric blue hermit, i used to have them & they grow a little bit bigger than the others. I bought a mushroom rock at the weekend and that had a red hermit attatched :D

Ski for you>>>
neweuphillia.jpg

Not out fully as yet prop still ajusting to the 14" under 250W MH from 24" under 150's

more to come!

neonnewhome.jpg

neon found a new home! the clam is now clown town! (995KB, 1152x864 Avalable)

NFunderactin.jpg

better pic of the free-b

FTS06-1.jpg

FTS as of now have a 995KB, 1152x864 vertion if anyone wants it? PM me

Oooh, can't wait till that hammer opens up the rest of the way. Does it phosphoresce under actinics? And can I make a request for a pic of the hogfish? Wanna make sure it really was the one I saw in the keys yesterday

hummm, close but not quite. And he's not in any of the Carribean books we've got down here either. darn

Migh be getting shot of him,mit bashing continues and he's taken a dislikeing to the new yellow tailed wrasse whos had to go in with the seahorses for now.

im a big fan of your tank it is really brilliant hope one day i could have one half as good :good:

Hey Matt, I was poking through some fish books and saw some pictures of a wrasse with color morphs similar to yours. Halichoeres chloropterus is pretty close. You'd be able to make a better ID than me, but might be someplace to look if you haven't yet. The behavior you're describing fits that of a Halichoeres genus fish ;)

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!

About half way down the page!

Halichoeres hortulanus (Lacepede 1801), the Checkerboard Wrasse (2), comes in two varieties, the more common one from the Pacific and a more colorful color morph in the Indian Ocean into the Red Sea. Pictured: At right a tiny juvenile (hovering over a Fungiid) in S. Sulawesi. Below: A juvenile of about two inches length, and a "pair" in the Maldives. A larger Halichoeres at ten or so inches in an aquarium.
http://fishbase.sinica.edu.tw/Summary/spec...name=hortulanus

Thank you Ski! It a Wrasse after all and a the Red Sea/India Ocean variant of the Ckeckerboard Wrasse.

OH! nealy forgot found the Mystry Wrasse at a FS about 3 miles form work they want £120 for it $232!!!!

Haha, glad you found it Matt.

And DAMN thats a lot of money for a mystery wrasse :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back