My Tank Pic.

beany_bot

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Loch Lomond, Scotland.
This was my tank, a few weeks ago, the plants are a bit bigger now but otherwise the same. please tell me your comments/opinions and suggestions. (p.s. do you like the half sand half gravel substrate? its my fav bit)

ABCD0018.jpg
 
thats really nice, im loving the sand/gravel mix, makes it look more natural,personaly i dont like the plastic grass plants, but i do have them in my fry tank, and they really enjoy pivking at them, so maybe you have them for the same reason.. but yes its a really nice setup
shelagh xxx
 
thats really nice, im loving the sand/gravel mix, makes it look more natural,personaly i dont like the plastic grass plants, but i do have them in my fry tank, and they really enjoy pivking at them, so maybe you have them for the same reason.. but yes its a really nice setup
shelagh xxx

Yeah the only "fake" plant in there is the "grass" its to give any babys I dont spot a chance in life!! lol.
 
I like the substrate mix - does it take much work to keep it from just mixing together?

Also, I wish my plants would grow like that - I'm still stuck using about 2/3 silk plants to keep the tank looking planted.
 
I like the substrate mix - does it take much work to keep it from just mixing together?

Also, I wish my plants would grow like that - I'm still stuck using about 2/3 silk plants to keep the tank looking planted.

No work at all, hasnt really mixed together at all, My plants seem to grow like crazy im always clipping them (light is only on for 8 hours a day), but i like a heavily planted tank (so does my angel :good: )
 
What is the tank stocked with
 
looks very nice i think . Well done , i would like to know the stocking aswell.
 
the substrate mix is coming up pretty well. i've have more plants in there really to 'eat' up some of the space. you might want to move the deco around towards the centre so that the tank won't look so empty.
 
I tried doing the sand and gravel mix before...it really didnt work!

I wish it had though cos it looks fantastic in your tank! :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top