My Shrimp Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bigcheed

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just felt like sharing some pics of my shrimp tank.

IMAG0097_zps123ff527.jpg
IMAG0098_zps90b57e31.jpg
IMAG0100_zpsac4c1521.jpg
IMAG0096_zps6359a87e.jpg

What shrimp are they? :eek:
Cherry and something else?
I'm a shrimp noob :p

I'm loving shrimp the more and more I see them! Looks like some (fire) reds, cherrys and a crystal bee, perhaps?

I like what you've done with the place!

Very nice, I still love crystal shrimp but have learnt from expensive experience that they just don't do any good in the heat we have.
Great looking shrimp and congrats on the tank.

Good looking shrimps and tank.

What are those 3 cylinders that look like corks on the mid right hand side?

Cork floats really well, TT...it sure as heck ain't gonna be that. Hehe!

They look like ceramic tubes.

I was describing them, I know they're not actually corks. They just look like them :p .

TallTree01 said:
I was describing them, I know they're not actually corks. They just look like them :p .
Sounds like you've been drinking as much as me!

Thanks guys. They are crystal reds. Some are just low grade. Hence the low colouration. I have some that are much more brightly coloured. Alot of the females are berries so I'm hoping they bred with the higher grade ones so I can get some good shrimplets. The fire reds n cherrys have already spawned. The babies are tiny but very cool. The cork looking things are ceramic filter media pellets. I used them to seed the tank when I set it up. Just left them in there. Thanks again for all the positive comments.

Did just leaving them on the substrate help much in cycling?

I put them in a mesh pouch along with some gravel from my community tank. Certainly sped up the process. I just cut the pouches open when the cycle finished and left them.

Nice tank, I set one up a few months ago myself and have sakura/cherries in there at the moment which like yours are breeding like mad! Hoping to introduce some CBS soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back