My New Tiger Oscar

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I wonder if it would not be helpful to add a few more hiding spots for your fish? Of course, this is a temporary fix, but it may help ease some of the tension until you can rehome some of the fish or get a larger tank running. It would give your Oscar some breathing space, anyway.

fishguy101 said:
The tank is not dirty, and we are getting a bigger filter. We feed our cichlids "Cichlid Flakes", fit for all cichlids. You do have a point about the cramping though.
Cichlid flakes are designed for central and south americans. I've never seen one suited for mbuna. It's impossible to have 1 food that is suited for both carnivores and herbivores to eat, totally different nutritional properties and digestive systems.

All the companies are going to say it's suited for all cichlids so it tsells better, but realistically, I'd be better off giving mbuna algae wafers than I would on common cichlid foods which are loaded with fish proteins which they can't digest well.

just look at the back of the container of cichlid food, chances are, the first ingedient is going to be a type of fish protein like fish meal. If it is, then it's already unsuitable for every african cichlid in your tank.

And the tank is dirty if you've got that many fish in there with such a rubbish filter. It just might not look like it. Clear water doesn't mean clean tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back