My New Seashell 60X18X24 Wdh

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hmmm interesting, I'm going to have to try that one myself.

I definitely like how it gets them up to show off.

Tizer - what an awesome thread and an awesome tank!!!!! I'm just gonna ask the wife if I can throw out a sofa so I can fit one of those monsters in my living room - wonder what my chances are :)

Can I just check which Tesco cat litter you are using, is it the low dust light weight one as seen here ?

Just spent a good 1/2 hour skimming over this thread :good: :hyper:

You've a beautiful set up there, I am incredibly envious :crazy: haha. It is great to see what someone else is doing with a tank of this size (same size as mine) unfortunately I don't think I've had as great a success in creating a nice aquascape. Can I just ask, what lighting and C02 set ups are you using (I think lighting and CO2 have been my downfalls, which would explain the troubled history with plants).

Sorry if these have already been mentioned. After a few years of owning my big tank, I've just ordered a shed load of new plants :crazy: so it'd be good if I could get the correct hardware set up in addition. Thanks for the help

Tizer - what an awesome thread and an awesome tank!!!!! I'm just gonna ask the wife if I can throw out a sofa so I can fit one of those monsters in my living room - wonder what my chances are :)

Can I just check which Tesco cat litter you are using, is it the low dust light weight one as seen here ?

Cheers Paul, yeah thats the one

The tank isnt all that imposing now we have got used to it, i keep commenting to the wife that a 6 footer would look better ;D

Just spent a good 1/2 hour skimming over this thread :good: :hyper:

You've a beautiful set up there, I am incredibly envious :crazy: haha. It is great to see what someone else is doing with a tank of this size (same size as mine) unfortunately I don't think I've had as great a success in creating a nice aquascape. Can I just ask, what lighting and C02 set ups are you using (I think lighting and CO2 have been my downfalls, which would explain the troubled history with plants).

Sorry if these have already been mentioned. After a few years of owning my big tank, I've just ordered a shed load of new plants :crazy: so it'd be good if I could get the correct hardware set up in addition. Thanks for the help

I've got 4 x 54W HO Tropical tubes from iQuatics, on 6 hours a day. The CO2 isn't in use at the moment, since going bananas i've gone to easy care plants now. I'll try get a pic in a bit!

Thanks for the speedy response, really helpful! Lighting and C02 have always been issues with fishkeeping that I've never managed to get my head around, especially given the volume of water our size of tank holds. I do have 1 T8 and 1 T5 light for my tank, so I'll stick to that for the moment as I've bought easy plants that aren't high demanding in nature.

DSC02211.jpg

Added some Anubias hastifolia, a big Anubias nana which was an absolute bargain for £3 and some Cyperus helferi today. Got some moss on the wood nd the weedy orrible stuff is going bananas at the far end with the original stuff dying off and the new shoots being replanted when it gets too long.

Other than that, not much going on!

Oh, i added another RTBS a few weeks ago, to see if this one will do better!

Couple of the clowns are putting on some serious weight/size, pretty sure they have doubled in size in the last 6 months. They've been enjoying the high protein JMC food i've been using in addition to lots of frozen foods and Tetra Prima!

Spotted an amazing piece of bogwood in Maidenhead Aquatics today too, £85 was a little steep though, so tempted. The tank needs something in there to add some height. Just not found anything suitable yet.

Sevs.jpg

Pair of Wild Proven Sevs to destroy my plants and eat my small fish. Yey!

Quick update on tank, not changed a lot. :D

Caved in and got some silk plants, couldn't be doing with all the work a planted tank requires.

DSC02583.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back