My New Kribensis Taeniatus ***help Ive Wrigglers***

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They are out ans swimming.. :hyper: and ive photos

Mum and Dad are doing there best to fend off the other fish chasing them away and guarding the fry, there are more than what in the photo there all over the place lol..

IMG_0519-Copy.jpg

IMG_0525-Copy.jpg

and i could not resist this one the colour of him is amazing

IMG_0527.jpg

thats fantastic pal and great shots .... wow i realy need to get myself a decent camera :( but glad there all out free swimming and healthy :D your spawns will increase in size after the 1st spawn but also the size of the spawn depends on how conditioned the female is and the gh of your water

well feeding time was a challenge, so i decided to drop the coys food at the other end of the tank once they found it, i fed the rest at the opposite side
the corys do chance it though and dart past but soon get shifted on by mun and dad lol.....
maybe next time i may remove them to another tank, i will be glad when its over im so on edge lol, i guess im also going to lose some to the corys as well. :-(

if they survive im going to have to move them as soon as they are a size to move
recommendations please of size tank i need to bring them on to a sellable size
im going to need a mature filter as well

well feeding time was a challenge, so i decided to drop the coys food at the other end of the tank once they found it, i fed the rest at the opposite side
the corys do chance it though and dart past but soon get shifted on by mun and dad lol.....
maybe next time i may remove them to another tank, i will be glad when its over im so on edge lol, i guess im also going to lose some to the corys as well. :-(

if they survive im going to have to move them as soon as they are a size to move
recommendations please of size tank i need to bring them on to a sellable size
im going to need a mature filter as well

i breed all mine in 2ft x 1ft x 1ft tanks with the parents untill the fry get to half an inch then remove them to another 2ft tank and grow them on in there .... if you do then filter it via air powered sponge filter that way you wont loose any fry by being sucked up an internal filter

Ok guess it will need cycling as well, may see if I can pick up a cycled filter as well

superfish aqua flow 50 internal electric filters with tights pulled over the inlet slots is what i use for my fry tanks, they work perfectly and next to no noise. air pumps suck.

I know it's not cichlid related but I use one of these for my beta fry grow out tank.
Photo0532-1.jpg

It was £16 and came with the airpump and everything. Handy little filter.

What is it ?

I'm not sure of the name but if you've got a P@H near you, you'll be able to pick it up.
I'm not at home right now but I'll see if I can find a name on it if you'd like when I get home.

its a different air powered sponge filter that contains crushed up ceramic rings and a cage full of carbon they work aswel just not as effective as the sponge filters as they have a wider surface area and work on a biological filteration rather than a messy internal filter which just gets clogged very easy and very little break down of amonia and nitrates , thats why all discus keepers and breeders use air powered sponge filters as there the best to use for filteration and easy to clean aswel as dispersing oxygen into the water more efficently than a standard filter would plus alot cheaper to run lol which is always a factor when you have more than one tank setup lol

p.s just about to go to post office to post your microworm starter culture :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back