My New Kribensis Taeniatus ***help Ive Wrigglers***

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Spurry

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I just could not resist these guys i fell in love with them last week when i was in maidenhead aquatics but i could not make my mind up as i have a single apisto anyway
after trying to get him a female and them not really taking i re-homed them sadly, and got the kribs yesterday they seemed to have already paired up pretty well
they have taken up residence in a coconut and are digging there way in....

hope you like them best photos i have so far.. I just love the grumpy old man look in the male reminds me of smiler off last of the summer wine
smiler-Stephen-Lewis.jpg

Pelvicachromistaeniatus.jpg

Pelvicachromistaeniatus1.jpg

EDIT: Photos added.. :good:

MyFemalePelvicachromistaeniatusklugei.jpg

Collage1.jpg

I might have to get a pair of these too, really nice, do you mind if I ask how much you paid in maidenhead Aq.? In my lfs they are £20 a pair

Beautiful fish. Sorry the apistos didnt work out.
Cheers it was sad to see him go, I had him from being a plain fish that matured to a colour full example, to pastures new now ;)

I might have to get a pair of these too, really nice, do you mind if I ask how much you paid in maidenhead Aq.? In my lfs they are £20 a pair

Sure np, maidenhead are usually a tad more expensive on most things, I paid £25

Cheers, yours are bigger than the ones in my lfs anyway so your price was probably about right, i might give it a few weeks then pick up a pair

Cheers, yours are bigger than the ones in my lfs anyway so your price was probably about right, i might give it a few weeks then pick up a pair
Yes they are larger than I've seen before in LFS

i predict a spawn very soon :)

Ohh I was planning a rescape this week over Easter, if they spawn will this stop me from doing it ?

They're not kribs mate, so don't call them that. If they spawn and you come to sell them with 'krib' in the name then you won't get nothing for them.

Look to be nigerian yellows to me. Pm peterclarke666 for a definate id.

If they do spawn and you want to rescape, I would wait as it may cause them to eat the eggs/fry.

They're not kribs mate, so don't call them that. If they spawn and you come to sell them with 'krib' in the name then you won't get nothing for them.
Ok firstly forgive me if I've upset you, I only went on what they are labeled up as in maidenhead if and if they are what you say they are I will call they by there proper name
pelvicachromis taeniatus nigerian yellow ;)

The thought of selling the fry never came across my mind ;) but thanks I will make sure I sell them if any with there real name once I have it 100% confirmed

I found this photo ( there not mine ) closest I could find they do look like this

e7a6cbeb.jpg

If they do spawn and you want to rescape, I would wait as it may cause them to eat the eggs/fry.

Ok thank for this will have to see what pans out

And after all that I still like what ever they are :)

No no no, you haven't upset me, just an observation mate, was thinking of you and your pocket at the end of the day. After all, you have just paid £25 where as a pair of kribs would be ~£6 or so. Sorry if it came across as rude. :blush:

I had a pair once when I was just starting out and they were explained to me as 'upmarket kribs.'

Ok I see what your getting at I no standard are £6 to £8 in my local stores they have loads of them , I decided I wanted some thing different but around the same family
So I guess you could say there upmarket kribs I was aware of that :)

Nice one mate. If they do turn out to be yellows and they breed you should be in for a nice return on your initial investment. The first brood should easily pay for the parents. If you grow them on to an inch or so then you should be able to sell them easily. I'm picking up a group of matadi sometime this week hopefully.

They're cracking fish that you have, and the pics are great, as always!

I refer to them as Kribs myself, but they are "Striped Kribensis" which are a little more rare than the bog standard pulchers. A nice find! Very colourful fishies.

Nice one mate. If they do turn out to be yellows and they breed you should be in for a nice return on your initial investment. The first brood should easily pay for the parents. If you grow them on to an inch or so then you should be able to sell them easily. I'm picking up a group of matadi sometime this week hopefully.

They're cracking fish that you have, and the pics are great, as always!

Lol I got the feeling you was all angry then too, I believe most people refer to the pelvicachromis genus as 'kribensis' though?

I mainly used the words kribs to shorten the typing as I'm on my iPhone :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back