My New 6x2x2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks it looks fab!!! bit too far but found some a bit closer many thanks!!!

For the heavy lids, you could try and fit some Gas Stays to help you open and close the lids (Always keep hold of the lids though), I have a 150N on each of the 2 flaps on my ND 8x2x2, it does help
smile.png

For the heavy lids, you could try and fit some Gas Stays to help you open and close the lids (Always keep hold of the lids though), I have a 150N on each of the 2 flaps on my ND 8x2x2, it does help
smile.png

Have you any pics so i can see what they look like and how you have fitted them :D

so a quick update guys i have decided to go in another direction and have decided to sell my malawi cichlids has i am wanting to set up a 700litre planted tank,

dont get me wrong the cichlids are beautiful but coral sand and rocks are not doing it for me anymore has i am wanting more of a challange and doing a 6x2x2 planted tank is what i am going to try so will be posting a new journal in the planted tank section and will be needing lots of help with substrate, ferts, plants, wood, stocking & c02,

was thinking of shoals of tetra's, barb's, cory's, plecs & loach's etc or going for a discus tank, will post link on this journal to my new planted tank journal :)

401605_219671788148031_2050840045_n_zps9cc197d9.jpg

How are you finding the filters? I have 2 running on a 450l Did you go for the ones with UV bulb or not?

Josh i had 1 of the ef2000 filters on my 180 litre and it was only just coping. I had it with the uv which broke several times in the few weeks i had the filter. They are cheap but as usual you get what you pay for I suppose. The flow rate drops from the manufacturer stated 2000lph down to around 900lph which is a dreadful drop. Id only recommend them if your on a tight budget

How are you finding the filters? I have 2 running on a 450l Did you go for the ones with UV bulb or not?

the filters are fine i bought the blue coarse sponges has i thought the media was not sufficent, no i did not buy the ones with the uv has i was going to buy a vecton 600 with a 25watt uv bulb

Josh i had 1 of the ef2000 filters on my 180 litre and it was only just coping. I had it with the uv which broke several times in the few weeks i had the filter. They are cheap but as usual you get what you pay for I suppose. The flow rate drops from the manufacturer stated 2000lph down to around 900lph which is a dreadful drop. Id only recommend them if your on a tight budget

i find the 2x aps2000ef i have on my 700litre tank more than sufficent it keeps the water crystal clear i did have a dead spot in my tank which i sorted by putting a fluval 4 internal were the waste used to collect,

i did buy a fluval fx5 and was not happy with it at all it had to be filled with 2 gallon of water before it would prime proply then the next day it was full of air and water only trickling out of the outtake pipe so had to empty it and refill it with 2 gallon to prime proply sticking with my aps2000 has if it aint broke dont change it

that's a shed load of fish you have to move on, shame to ditch such a nice setup. i suppose i'm going into the opposite direction away from plants and into Malawi so i'd see it as criminal :D

that's a shed load of fish you have to move on, shame to ditch such a nice setup. i suppose i'm going into the opposite direction away from plants and into Malawi so i'd see it as criminal
biggrin.png

approx 150 fish been selling them at £5 each over the last 3 days, and have sold over 100 in the last 3 days, neighbours may think i am dealing with the amount of people that have been coming and leaving with bags also sold 100+ fry, and a rack of 3x 4ft on a shop display stand,

dont get me wrong they have been a interesting fish to keep and breed and watch there behaviour but what lets it down for me is the aquascaping there not much you can do with rocks and sand so wanting more of a challenge and learning about a heavliy planted tank is just another step in my knowledge of fishkeeping,

will be keeping fish till i am old and grey :D

Most reactions

trending

Back