IMG_20140418595.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_2014041841208.jpg
    IMG_2014041841208.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_2014041814348.jpg
    IMG_2014041814348.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 622
How big is the tank? It looks awfully small. And also, turtles shouldnt have gravel as they can eat it. Though if you still want substrate sand is great.

Sorry that came off as negatibe! I just want the best, I hope you understand. Your turtles look very healthy, how long have you had them? I also love how the tank has an actualy aquascape :lol: mine always had a dock and a few plastic plants. Haha

It's a 175 litre tank. Did have them in sand in my older tank but was advised to use large gravel so that is what I got. The larger of the turtles I've had since it was a baby and is now 6 year's. The other was one someone didn't Want that's about 4 years . If you look at  the pics you will see a large piece of bog wood near the surface. It's side on so you cannot really tell the size but it's about a foot long and suspended on wire just below the surface. 

EllieJellyEllie said:
How big is the tank? It looks awfully small. And also, turtles shouldnt have gravel as they can eat it. Though if you still want substrate sand is great.

Sorry that came off as negatibe! I just want the best, I hope you understand. Your turtles look very healthy, how long have you had them? I also love how the tank has an actualy aquascape
laugh.png
mine always had a dock and a few plastic plants. Haha
Must admit the tank does look smaller than it actually is
confused.gif

Love turtles! I had mississppi map turtles in a 4 ft tank but ended up donating sausage and mash to a turtle pond as they just didn't seem to stop growing.
Your set up looks cool, very natural... mine was a few plants that were eaten the minute I stuck them in, bare bottom And a few logs. They like to dig about so gravel as long as they can swallow it it is ideal!
Nice looking turtle! Very cute

nic1 said:
Love turtles! I had mississppi map turtles in a 4 ft tank but ended up donating sausage and mash to a turtle pond as they just didn't seem to stop growing.
Your set up looks cool, very natural... mine was a few plants that were eaten the minute I stuck them in, bare bottom And a few logs. They like to dig about so gravel as long as they can swallow it it is ideal!
Nice looking turtle! Very cute
That's why I got musk turtles because they don't grow too big. The larger of the two is full size. So I don't have to upgrade  the tank. Thanks for the compliment on the set up. The turtles seem happy anyhow 

Attachments

• IMG_2014041841847.jpg
    IMG_2014041841847.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_2014041853166.jpg
    IMG_2014041853166.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_2014041824841.jpg
    IMG_2014041824841.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 540
sawickib said:
Do they live happily with those giant danios?
Turtles  don't even entertain them. Got 3 odessa barbs and 2 rubbernose plec.all fine,the fish act like a clean up crew getting any waste food. Even seen them take food out of the turtles mouth,no fear. As for the plecs seen them stuck on the turtles shell,that I found pretty amusing . 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back