My Molly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry for not responding sooner, I lost track of this post. They are more than likely storing sperm and will become pregnant (most likely they already are). They can drop up to 6 batches of fry from stored sperm...

Sorry for not responding sooner, I lost track of this post. They are more than likely storing sperm and will become pregnant (most likely they already are). They can drop up to 6 batches of fry from stored sperm...
thanks =), my other molly gave birth btw to about 40 fry, these fry look healthier which is good, the mother is doing fine, i had to kill the other mother becuase her mouth went realy red and was gaping open, she was realy skinny and couldn't/swim well/eat, it was quite a sad sight, any ideas what that was out of curiosity?

Sounds like she had a bacterial infection leading to septicemia...possibly caused by an injury that she sustained in the breeding trap. Did she exhibit any other symptoms?

Sounds like she had a bacterial infection leading to septicemia...possibly caused by an injury that she sustained in the breeding trap. Did she exhibit any other symptoms?

nope she was just lethargic, open mouthed and red raw, and not sociable, i didn't put her in a breeding trap, instead i used my spare tank

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back