My Managerie of Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks for sharing. I love your tanks and livestock. Koi betta is beautiful!

Being home from work for so long has got me fiddling around with my tanks a bit too much.
Needs a bit of a vacuum and a water change, but im pretty happy with this.
20200419_134355.jpg

Looks like ill be needing a new heater for my 5g fry bin. I swapped out the heater from my 20g and put a different one in my 20g. Put the old one in the fry bin and a week later it burst on me. Luckily no fish in the bin.
20200419_162648.jpg

Any fry born now has to tough it out in the main tanks, until i get a new heater.

Its not been a good week with my tanks. Found cyanobacteria in my betta girl's tank.

I tore down the 2.5g and sterilized it and re did it.

Tossed all of the plants in the tank. Not risking reintroducing cyano again. Not a problem as i have enough salvinia to fill a swimming pool at this point :p

I drained all the water, tossed the driftwood, boiled all of the rocks. Removed the sponge filter and left it to dry out completely and not to be reused again for a long while.

I put together a new filter using a bottle filled with media from my other tanks, including a new sponge taken from other tanks. So totally cycled media, but just new to this tank. Went with the bottle design for the air powered filter to increase surface agitation. Inserted air tube into the bottle, holes drilled into the lid of it to let air and water out, holes in the bottom of the bottle to suck water in. Crude finger drawing of this included.

20200420_104700.jpg
IMG_20200420_103400filter.jpg

Sand was rinsed with boiling water, rinsed with cooler water, added back. Tank was scrubbed with hot water as well.

New water added was boiled indian almond leaf water mixed with water taken from another established tank. Kept my tannins while also keeping some good water for stability.

Heater was scrubbed and reinstalled (black cord, since the mini heater is hidden).

Leaves and hornwort were added. Then a small and contained bit of new salvinia was added. I contained it using a loop of drinking straws to create a floating barrier. This way i get some floaty plants but not as much that it obstructs surface flow so i dont encounter this issue again.

Since i lost all established biofilm with sterilization, i had to move my nerite snail to another tank so he had food.

Tank is still a bit cloudy from the sand being stirred up with refilling, but its back up and running. Process took me about 1.5 hours.

20200420_172106(0).jpg

I like your sketch!

Yeesh! How did your heater get to looking like that?

I like your sketch!

Yeesh! How did your heater get to looking like that?

I dont even know. I swapped it out of my 20 gal and put it into my 5 gal bucket since i wanted the other heater for the 20...
Check back a few days later, water is ice cold in the 5g so i took the heater out and thats what it looked like. I think water got inside it and it just went boop. Im just grateful it went after i moved it, and there were no fish in the bucket lol

My livebearer community... plus cherry barbs. The barbs werent happy with lack of plants, so i added more artificial plants.
Theyre out and about and now begging for food again so seems theyre happy again
20200424_235922.jpg

My 10g nano got a redo.
20200421_193819.jpg

And a fresh clean photo of my 46g
20200421_220806.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back