My Male Betta Is Sick.. Plz Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bettababe89

Reaction score
My betta has been sick since I got him. He's pure white and has started to form red dots on his tail. Now his tail is disappearing. I thought maybe its fin rot an I asked the pet shop and they have no idea. They suggested I use a broad spectrum medicine made by wardly, can't remember what it's call at the moment. But he seems to be getting worse. What can I try to make him better? He just seems so depressed.

2h7pg8k.jpg

Can you give us a picture of how he first looked?
It may just be his colouration, though it does look like blood.
Is there anything in his tank that could have ripped his fins?
What size tank is he in?
What was his tank like at the fish shop?

When did you get him?

Red to me immediately suggests Ammonia poisoning but I can't see the picture clearly on my phone.

It looks like he could be biting his own tail.
How big is the tank & what are the water stats?

I've seen it recommended before to do regular 80% or so water changes with warmish water.

Have you seen him bite it, or suspect he is doing so?

Looks like he is nipping his own fins and you can see the affected ends more clearly because he is white.  Keep his water very warm and very clean to help him keep from getting an infection from the exposed ends of his tail.  What size tank is he in?  Is it filtered and cycled?  Do you have a heater and what temp are you keeping the tank at?  How often and how much do you change his water?  All these questions will help with maybe getting him to stop biting or at least to keep him healthy otherwise.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back