My Koi

ryan

Spinning around
Reaction score
post-22-1082385693.jpg

post-22-1082385773.jpg

Oh Ryan, one of my favorite! Yours are wonderful! I adopted my two out over ten years ago but hear that they are still doing well.

ALASKA

oh wow you have a cow pattern one :D hopefully that lil one i got will grow into something as nice as that!!

whats that pale yellow one up front?

Thanks Paul :) You mean the one in the top photo right? It is a yamabuki hariwake.

oh there's 2 pics!! in the second pics the main one that goes right thorugh the middle...?

doesn't appeal to me as a koi for some reason!!

The large grey one in the second pic? Thats a Chagoi.

so i did post!!

i don't like Chagoi really there colours are kind of boring!!

out of the noted ones as being friendly i'd like the Ochiba Shigure but the soragoi's come in pretty good colours and patterns.

paul_v_biker said:
so i did post!!

i don't like Chagoi really there colours are kind of boring!!

out of the noted ones as being friendly i'd like the Ochiba Shigure but the soragoi's come in pretty good colours and patterns.
I'd also go for the Ochiba Shigure, but the Chagoi are a nice fish and a must have a in a big collection.

Is a Chagoi the same or similar to an Ogon? Yours looks a little like our yellow Ogon, but that may just be the lighting in the picture... :)

Yep Ogons are metallic single color varieties. :)

I see your point but there still ugly and boring and the LFS keepper agrees :lol: i can't rember which ones out of those other 2 he said i would be very lucky if one turned up :/

woooo i got it right :D

paul_v_biker said:
I see your point but there still ugly and boring and the LFS keepper agrees :lol: i can't rember which ones out of those other 2 he said i would be very lucky if one turned up :/

woooo i got it right :D
Personal I haven't seen any difference between the varieties. Most of my Koi readily hand feed by about 8-10" and by 15" they will let you touch them and check them over. My largest Kohaku even lets you lift up its fins and pick it up etc to check it over, she is very calm. Everytime I go near the pond the whole group of Koi come swimming over even if there are ten people standing round the pond they will pick me out and come towards me. If they can't see me but someone else they will often go to the bottom or the other side of the pond.

what great fish you have...

I reakon my large one might be a bit shy on his own!! ponds been disturbed a bit recently aswell.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back