My Juwel Rio 240

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

golfzzin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here is my Fluval Edge, totally messed up all this to start with as i cycled with fish in, didnt do enough research before hand.

Started out with 8 neon tetras and a betta splenden

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The neons

Unfortunatly i lost my betta (his name was Dexter) and a neon also died, looked like the betta had white spot, i treated for it but to no avail

After a few weeks the paint started to come off bamboo wall i had, it came off where my betta used to sit and where the water came in.

Decided to take it back to the lfs who replaced it no questions asked, really pleased with the service

So here is before

and now, should be easier to clean

and with blue leds i brought while there

Comments welcome

I love the night time light :good:

Great improvement its looking really good and you just got to love the blue led look :good:

Regards onebto.

Thanks guys

id like to get another dimmer led light to go inside the cave thing just to light it up slightly, not sure yet though, the tank isnt the easiest to work with

Here is some recent pictures. Fish identified by Carlovel1 :good:

Went in for Shrimp, came out with these two Inpaichthys kerri's & two Oto's. The Inpaichthys kerri's were free as they swam into the bag and they guy didn't want to stress them anymore by taking them out

:good:
Love the otto.

Agreed, cute pic of the oto. Nice tank :) I'd say add some live Anubis to it, the leaves look the same as what the oto is on in that pic :good:

Thanks guys :good: I think the Oto's are my favorite now.

Unfortunatly lost one of my neons last night so that brings me down to six, he just became a lot smaller than the rest then faded away :no:

Il have some new pics up soon as i have brought another led :nod:

Well i decided to have another change round for the tank. Whilst i liked the previous set ups, the way the Fluval Edge is designed, they were difficult to work with.

The log thing that i had in there in the above photos made some areas of the tank hrd to reach with the gravel vac, which ment having to move it every now and again, and because the tank is so small the fish would always end up mega stressed.

I obviously didn't want this so brought some new things. Now they may not be to everyones taste on here, but if life is easier for the fish and me and i can keep the tank cleaner i don't really care. The fish really seem to love the new log and have been in and out of it loads, they are also spending more time at the front of the tank which is a good sign.

So the pictures

The Oto's

New lighting

Your tank looks spotless, I love it!

I also love the new lights.

Your tank looks spotless, I love it!

I also love the new lights.

Thanks, its cleaned every 5 days or so as the fish are quite messy.

I know its a bit basic now, but the small gap in the top of the tank makes maintainence more difficult than it needs to be. Iv learnt my lesson though and im saving for something much bigger :lol:

We all have to start with something. :)

I started with a gritty second hand 90L and I've only just progressed to a Fluval Roma 125. I know it's not much progression size wise but the quality is magnificent!

I love the quality of your photographs, what's your secret?

Most reactions

trending

Back