My Ickle Baby Tank

Hooligan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well I decided to go buy an ickle baby tank to sit on top of sy's viv...

It is 12"x8"x8"
It is running on a Dophin KF-150 Internal Filter
It is lighted by a Arcadia ARC POD Freshwater I think...
The last two were recommended by Paul_MTS and I trust his judgement.

Anyway, I have no idea what to put in it except some small shrimp, such as bumblebee shrimps and Rudolph Red-nosed shrimp.

So I chucked some plants in and a piece of bogwood yesterday, set the filter running and switched the light on. Howevr I haven't put any filter media from my main tank into the smaller one, yet.

So on to some pictures of it so far, I'll update this thread as I update the tank.

With flash on:
IMG_1030_edited.jpg

With flash off:
IMG_1031_edited.jpg

From side:
IMG_1036_edited.jpg

Front view, a little closer:
IMG_1035_edited.jpg

Close up of plants:
IMG_1032_edited.jpg

IMG_1034_edited.jpg

IMG_1033_edited.jpg

Any suggestions for what to do with plants, and fish please let me know :)

Oh ye and can someone identify the plants for me?

Thankyou for looking :)

Hooli

lovely pretty little tank! think that's gorgeous. :good:

i'd like to know what the plant in the middle is too, i'm looking for something to replace one of the plants in my little tank and that could work brilliantly.

the carpeting plant may be pgymy chain sword... but i'm far from an expert on plants so could well be wrong.

awww sweet likkle baby tank :rolleyes:

tis preddy :good:

look even nicer with fish,keep posting

Hi the carpeting plant looks like what I have called New Zealand grass.Btw sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I dont think shrimp will work as that metal the plants are in may kill them.I added the exact same thing (only it had glosso in it)and my shrimps began dying until I took it out and did a big water change.Did you order it from nannyspetals on ebay?

wow looks amazing hooli, never knew you were the green fingered aquascaping type :hey:

I have that exact grassy plant in one of my tanks, i cant remember what tis called though :X

Hi the carpeting plant looks like what I have called New Zealand grass.Btw sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I dont think shrimp will work as that metal the plants are in may kill them.I added the exact same thing (only it had glosso in it)and my shrimps began dying until I took it out and did a big water change.Did you order it from nannyspetals on ebay?
What metal are you talking about? If your talking about the stuff holding the grass, its plastic :)

And nope I got all the plants from my lfs.

wow looks amazing hooli, never knew you were the green fingered aquascaping type :hey:

I have that exact grassy plant in one of my tanks, i cant remember what tis called though :X
Agh! Silly Geo!!!!!!!! *slaps* remember damn you...

Looks great, for fish why not go for Galaxy Rasboras :good:
Yah thats what I was thinkin gof getting, gonna have a look and decide.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :) well.. apart from paul. :p

What metal are you talking about? If your talking about the stuff holding the grass, its plastic :)
If your sure it is plastic and not plastic coated metal then shrimps should be ok but it looks very similar to the stuff I got(different plant obviously).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Glossostigma-Elatino...oQQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back