My hobby...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thank you, I also preserved small fish like mollies platy in epoxy resin.
I just had a quick google/you tube on what epoxy resin is and admittedly am not 100% on it but I am imaging a finished product similar to Amber but clear /uncoloured!? ( please correct me if I am wrong!) Which is awesome! I am one of those odd people who photograph all their fish and have them in my home office, if I had known this was a thing I would have 100% hands down done this for my past and adored Bettas - really awesome hobby/skill to have!!

Edit: *Not 100% sure exactly how it turns out*

Last edited:
I just had a quick google/you tube on what epoxy resin is and admittedly am not 100% on it but I am imaging a finished product similar to Amber but clear /uncoloured!? ( please correct me if I am wrong!) Which is awesome! I am one of those odd people who photograph all their fish and have them in my home office, if I had known this was a thing I would have 100% hands down done this for my past and adored Bettas - really awesome hobby/skill to have!!

Edit: *Not 100% sure exactly how it turns out*
You can coloured it too, watch this

Thank you, I also preserved small fish like mollies platy in epoxy resin.
I tried that once but it ended up as a mass of bubbles. Was it the fish decomposing or the air in the epoxy?
My other hobby is making things from scrap wood and I use epoxy in that occasionally.

I tried that once but it ended up as a mass of bubbles. Was it the fish decomposing or the air in the epoxy?
My other hobby is making things from scrap wood and I use epoxy in that occasionally.
What fish are you using?

This was years ago. It was one of a pair of juvenile pirhana that had bitten through the bag and were DOA at my house.
Wow is piranha legal in your country? And what does DOA stands for ive read a book about fish bunch of time but dont know what it stands for...

You can often find pirhana for sale here. They aren't rewarding fish to keep IMO. DOA = Dead on arrival

Please note that no animals have been harmed; they have all died from natural causes.

Some people may find the images upsetting; if you are likely to be distressed, please do not read any further.

Members are cautioned that abusive comments made to Barry Tetra or about taxidermy practices in general will not be tolerated and such posts will be removed.

essjay

I just go through my old picture gallery of me when I was 11
here we go again
09AD6181-34B5-40B8-87B9-701B1DD66EE5.png
49047339-D986-43F2-8A59-9C215629ED14.png
2C331E54-AD74-48BB-AB9D-F91A7CF40D6B.png
2BD25A20-A78C-401E-B659-CB6D8F6376AC.png
7CC1BFED-B187-47DE-913B-F7176F8A8FC1.png

Tell me if you wanna see a picture of a preserved fish

Just done gourami yesterday and it was kinda a mess

tell me if you want a tutorial as I might be able to share it

@Colin_T I also want you guys to see this in case you missed it

Last edited:
Interesting. I’d love to learn such a hobby.

For a small fish what you have to do is
1. After the fish died, put them in a freezer, you could keep it in a freezer forever if you're too lazy to do it
2. Get a fish out of the freezer
3. Set fishes, here's the tutoriel of how to set butterfly, it might help

4. Put fishes in a tub and add 40% Formalin and 60% water , wait for 3 days
5. Remove all of the water and formalin and add 50% formalin, 50% water
then add 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100% formalin (make sure to fill the water in the tub, for example 70% formalin and 30% water)

6. inject Paraffin wax inside the body and put it in a hot oven, waiting for fews day

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back